Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

318 Poly Stroker Kit - 402CID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Abomination

Abomination

[​IMG]

Hey - Speed-O-Motive is selling 318 Poly stroker kits!!!

For $1500, one can be yours:
    http://www.speedomotive.com/ps-648-13-mopar-318-poly-to-402cid-stroker-kit.aspx

($200 extra for balancing - free shipping, but customer pays insurance).

Anybody running a stroker kit from Speed-O-Motive? About ten years ago I tried to get them to build this kit for me... glad they finally decided to!

FYI - the parts are out there, folks! The 318 Poly is the new black...

~Jason

2. swifty

swifty

I bet they wouldn't free ship it to me LOL

swifty

3. I was thinking to myself, I bet its Swity or Flatoz who post on this thread first!

You off to Phillip Island mate? The kit looks good.

Danny

4. Abomination

Abomination

LOL! Maybe not. :D

If'n they did, they likely wouldn't cover customs! However, if I was coming to OZ, I'd toss it in my suitcase, for ya, swifty! ;)

~Jason

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Abomination

Abomination

Phillip Island? To see the penguins or ride the go-karts? LOL!

Some dead, naked guy just washed up Vic beach... weird.

~Jason

6. Thanks, Abomination! I've about given up finding a '54-'56 Firepower hemi for my '53 Mopar but you've provided a solution that should be more feasible and have enough cubes and power to not be shamed by rice rockets. Now just need to hunt a Weiand 4bbl intake or one of the old dual quad intakes for it since Chris Nielson has cams for it.
    Appreciate this! (I'd gotten to the point where I was thinking about one of my brother's bowtie engines and leaving the hood closed!)

7. Abomination

Abomination

I have a 331 now. :D

If you're looking for a Hemi, talk to Paul aka povertyflats. He has a killer deal on shipping - like $200 to get it about anywhere in the US! He's got a BUNCH of hemis!

For a Weiand 7504 4-bbl intake for a 318 Poly, talk to Gary on the 318 Poly Yahoo Group: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/318poly/
    I think he has one for sale. Gary also sells roller rockers, and is working on cams. He has some nice cams, blueprinted regular rockers, etc.

I know where dual quads are for the 318 Poly, etc. Hit me up if you're looking for stuff... or the Yahoo Group. We'll fix you up! Join it - you won't be sorry! And feel free to ask if you have any 318 Poly questions. :)

~Jason

8. Jason,
    Thank you, will stay in touch!:)

9. Abomination

Abomination

No prob, man! Just let me know if you have any questions. I'm always glad to help. :)

~Jason

10. We did them with a 3.58 stroke and 060" overbore. Mopar now makes that crank with the 318/340 journals but being a bit early we had them made from a 360 crank. Silvolite has a piston that works with this combo. Use the 360 balancer and flywheel or Converter. (or B&M 360 balance flexplate. ) Last one we did was a 2x4 barrel engine for a 66 fury with 3 by the knee. Also did 340s with the same crank and a 060 overbore for 380 cubes. Had to make those pistons from other cores. Always felt the 4 inch storke was pushing the limit a bit but G Palovich of Califonia got huge power with his at 5500 Rpm so the 402 works too. I dont like huge strokes as i traises the strian to above normal parameters so i tend to keep the stroke around 90% of bore but others are braver i guess and are having fun too. Any crank grinder can make you a 358 from a 360 stroke with the 340/318 main size. They do it for the chevy guys all the time with the 383 small blocks and also for the 400 stroker mopars with a turned down 440 crank.