Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pistons & Paint 2008

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. BLAKE

BLAKE

You nailed it, Ryan... "just fun". I know it takes a lotta work to organize and run a weekend event like this, but the Chupacabras manage to make the whole thing come across like an informal gathering of a few friends... just happens to be a couple-hundred friends! The setting, music, trophies, raffle... just a damn good time.

Thanks to the Chupas for having us Yay-Hoos over for the weekend!

3. 54BOMB

54BOMB

We had a great time this weekend, got to see some nice cars and hang out in the shade with our friends. The show was a perfect size, lots to look at with out feeling overwhelmed, thanks to everyone who put it on.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  4. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

Thanks Guys.
    Ryan there is no way the show would be what it is without you and the HAMB. We will continue to save a spot for you and Marcie and the kiddos. Hell i'll dress up as Hello Kitty if it will help get you up here next year!
    Bubba

5. crash 51

crash 51
    from FTW,TEXAS

Continually growing, gettting better every year!

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Hell yeah! I even won something in the raffle this year!!!

I'll post pics of it later.

The Chup's are always a good time!

7. Anderson

Anderson

I don't know if you can really appreciate the work that goes into a show like this until you do your own. The Chupacabra's have been doing this one for years, and it is never a disappointment. It was a blast, always is! Thanks guys for another great show. Be there next year!

8. MissPrint

MissPrint

Yeah, what Blake said!!

Honestly, had an incredible time and want to thank the Chups for such an outstanding event!

It was my first time at PnP and it absolutely lived up to all the "hype"!

(Although. . .was that raffle rigged? ;). . .I'm sure Lux will look fantastic with his new make-up package too :D)

Cannot wait for next year!

It was great hanging out with the Yay-Hoos, Them!, The Chups, and I'd like to also publically thank the Los Strugglers for caravaning with us and watchin' out for all my grrls!

Now that's something I'll pay good money to see. . .:D

Thanks again, Chups!

9. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Nice drive had fun .Even found a place to eat seafood close to the show had a great lunch .Show was bigger than the last .Thanks to the Chupacabras we had a great week end .

10. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

What a great weekend relaxing with fantastic cars and good friends!
    Picture perfect weather, great talented vendors & a perfect venue (I like parking on grass)...I cannot thank the Chupas enough for knocking out such a ideal show, year after year!

Definitely will see y'all at the next one!

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I forgot to mention the best part of the show .I was talking to Rusty he told me about a guy who was selling coupe doors quarter window B pillars for a Merc .called him that night and went out to his place Sunday morning now my wife will have a 2 door Merc.You cannot beat good friends .

12. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

I am fairly new to the H.A.M.B & It was my first P&P. My experience was just as Ryan stated above. Cool people, cool hot rods and great music...hell I even won a little something in the raffle. Thanks to the Chups for an all around bad ass time.

13. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey Ryan I was looking forward to finally meeting you, but hey that little girl is alot bigger priority. If you come to Autorama stop by our booth and say hi

14. The Shocker

The Shocker

This is by far the best traditional show in north Texas ,and i cant believe how fast it is growing every year.The Chups that put it on are what make it what it is and the support of the people on the Hamb makes it even better.I predict in 5 years ,its gunna be another Lonestar Roundup .PnP is a great show with a great atmosphere ...

15. Elrod

Elrod

Great job Chups! Class act group of guys with a keen sense of how to put on a great show! We were honored to be a part of it! Thanks again guys!!

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Oh yea I added some pics in a thread titled a chupacabra made me cry/pistons and paint pictures.

I love texas and i love Texas Hambers

17. JW in Texas

JW in Texas

It was awesome & the Chups did an outstanding job as usual! This show just has a great vibe! Fun folks, great cars & good music! What more could you ask for!

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I wish I was good enough with words to elaborate on just how special the state of TEXAS really is...

19. JW in Texas

JW in Texas

Man, ain't that the truth!

20. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

It's been my favorite show since the first one I made, which was the second one. The show is just the right size, with the right cars, put on by people that really care if you are having fun. I can't thank the Chupacabras enough for putting on a truely Texas show. (Even if they let some Okies and Arkansians in for the weekend:D) The vibe out there is something really cool.

A big thanks to the rest of the YAY-HOOS and to Clif and Katherine, Debra and Lux, and Geemann, Shawna and Georgia for making the cruise up and back and the whole weekend a blast. Even with my horrible alergies on Saturday, I wouldn't change a minute of that trip.

On that note, If I talked to you on Saturday afternoon and seemed distracted or disinterested, I was on 6 Sudafeds and some Benedril. I apologize if I was a bit out of it.

21. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

Props, Ryan, for the right attitude and having your priorities straight.