Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 pt seat belts in a 34 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by staleg, Dec 8, 2011.

1. staleg

staleg

Sometimes I see collision photos here on HAMB, and even if collisions of course are sad, I think it's good to focus on security when driving and/or rebuild old cars.

I know the seats in my car are not very Hamb friendly, but they are not my point. I thought I could pass over some photos of how I have fitted 3 pt seat belts in my '34.

The belts are rear belts from a 93 Mustang Cabriolet, and left / right side switched. The belts run freely, and are not in touch with any other than its original components. The retractor is fastended in the same position as on the donor car. All fastening bolts are grade 8 and in stretch configuration.

I might need somthing that the belt runs thru /over right behind my shoulder, to get the belt in level with my shoulder, but that's not sure It is very close to the proper high already. But if so, I will fasten this to the steel bars for the head rests.

Most of you might think the head rests are ugly and disturb the lines on the car, and frankly, I agree. But notice the edge of the body right them. Think of a hit from behind...
    The head rests is a compromice I decided to do: They will make the car much safer. Because of that, I will feel much better driving it. And that what it's all about.

Besides that, seats are easy to change later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. I think I hate you as much as Sandusky! Hahahaaa