Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coker Tire Drive-In Challenge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I love the idea, but shouldn't this be limited to passenger cars? I mean really, how many ice cream trucks did you ever see parked at the drive in?

3. seatex

seatex

I don't know about Ice Cream trucks, but we used to get a boat load of folks in in my dad's Econoline.........:cool:

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I wish I had the DIVCO running!!!!

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I kinda like allowing the outlandish... makes it fun to see what will show up!

6. RocketSled

RocketSled

Pity, it's so far away, the HEARSE was BUILT for this kinda thing!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If they are just showing up for the Coker Challenge then they are showing up for the wrong reasons.

8. Algon

Algon

How about a 409 powered 51Flxible?

9. Ryan ... Don't tell that to Bad Bob ... he'll accuse you of breaking your own mantra (Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide) ... and turning the Jalopy Journal & the H.A.M.B. into just another car related website:

Perhaps the Coker Drive-In Challenge should be limited to only traditional hot rods & customs (i.e., No DIVCO Milk Trucks) ... better yet, limit it to only chopped '49 Mercs with flames :D

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's a traditional show... We don't typically allow in cars that aren't built traditionally... :)

11. Lucky77

Lucky77

Damn, the girlfriend is driving her daily as a chase vehicle just so we have some place for putting our luggage. There's definitely no hiding anybody in the sedan. Should be pretty interesting to see how clever you guys get.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would drive the 5 hours in the trunk if I could find someone to hitch a ride with let alone for the tires..... that's the craziest thing I've ever said. I am heading out this weekend with a fist full of well designed flyers to spread the gospel and find a ride!!:D:D

13. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

their looking under the car too?there goes my cape fear idea

14. jms

jms
    from Chicago IL

That graphic is hilarious. How many people do you think you could conceal in the GM Futurliner?

15. autobilly

autobilly

Kool idea, sounds like a lot of fun. Will definitely add to the party atmosphere. Mmm, I sure could fit a bunch of hoodlums under the tonneau cover in the back of my ute. Damn wrong Continent again!

16. OH Not fare , anybody that has a bunch of skinny friends will win ....all my friends and my self are "big boned" ...as a matter of fact I get Fiddy in the trunk that would be it ! ... I think we need to go by the most weight snuck in then we have a chance.....lol

17. are you heading down there?????

18. yeah, are ya? I can bring your head and hand it off in person:cool: Bring Fiddy wit ya, and we'll have a smokin time ;)

19. I m hoping to ...but only time will tell

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you cant tell time?? ahh...vagabond.....forgot! :)