Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 26/27 T coupe top inserts. Rod Action July 85,1960 Chevy truck filled roof

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Been mentioning this article for years and stumbled upon it this week. Rod Action July 85 Stan Vanamburgh 26 T coupe. He used two 60 Chevy pu roofskins. Cool 80s rod.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. Pretty sure Chip aka Needlouvers and I talked about this one. For 15 years on the HAMB I have been mentioning this top treatment when 26/7 Ts came up. This was a killer car. There are a few more pages I did not scan. It is the issue with the Jack Dooney Kookie T "clone" on the cover.

3. Kinda hard to see the top skin but the visor looks kick-ass. Tell me, Trent.........does that thing have 2 cowl vents? One behind the other? I don't care much for that.

4. That is a reflection on the cowl. Think of 2 60 Chevy truck roofs with the rears mated up north-south on the coupe centerline. that is how the visor is formed. Blew me away 30 years ago when I first saw it.

5. Really? This topic comes up and has come up for the last 15 years here and no input!?!?!?!?

6. indyjps

indyjps

Great article, I'd think theres enough roof donor late models that could be used, that someone wouldn't have to go searching for 60's vans.