Register now to get rid of these ads!

235 inline 6 and transmission question....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Farmer, Sep 1, 2003.

1. my_49

my_49
    from Alberta

Hey there raven 61. I was needing some of your experience!!
    Nice job on your ride to say first.
    I have a 235 not sure which year(54-62) in my 1949 chevy pickup. I need an open driveshaft, and wasa going to pick up a 1981 saginaw four speen and all the cluch, bellhousing acsesories out of a 1981 camero. Will this work , and what modifications new/used parts do i need. Thank you
    JB

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I used a Saginaw behind a number of GMC 6s. Mostly using early Chevy bellhousings. Everything was a bolt on. The camero bellhousing won't work. The 49 bellhousing will. Along with the flywheel and clutch and starter.

3. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I have a 250 L6 in my pickup, with a BorgWarner 3 speed overdrive out of a late 50's Chevy car. The solinoids are not hooked up, so I don't use the OD.

What automatic transmissions are direct bolt on (or bolt on with minor alteration) to my 250.

I have 4.11s in the rear and I really have push it to go 70. I'd like to find something that will allow me some freeway speeds (California freeway speeds).

thanks
    - Joe