Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

23-25 Model T Bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tjm73, Oct 16, 2007.

1. tjm73

tjm73

Given the realitive simplicity of the 23-25 T body I am suprised nobody sells them as complete Model T reproduction bodies.

Or am I missing them from some place?

2. butch27

butch27

Yeh: Me too. Easy one to stamp and bolt together. Probably couldn't compete with the fiberglass ones.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There is still too much T stuff out there and a lot less folks who care. The T reached its peak in popularity and price about 25 or 30 years ago. All the "values" do now is go up with inflation and that ain't much until we get a Democrat in the White House.

4. tjm73

tjm73

Good point. Where would one find a complete T roadster turtle deck body anyway?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. MikeRose

MikeRose

I know I've seen complete repro steel T roadster bodies for sale somewhere online. Seems like they were very expensive though.

6. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

:D relative simplicity,,, know anything about dies and stamping metal,?

read the story about the new 32 bodies , how much work it was and cost

a model t has so many channels and folds and compound angles

they were built to use pieces of

wood, ,,,simple looking ,

yet complex makes for a very appealing design

the hardest thing to do is make somthing look easy in metal

other than that, the model t era was passed by about 30 yrs ago, like others have posted

7. fab32

fab32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jon Hall of shadow rods ( the maker of the XL27 T roadster body) has over 1 million dollars in the dies to stamp his new T body. You've got to have a lot of sales just to return your investment let alone all of the attending expenses of getting a project of this nature going. So if you've got a couple of extra million and a large set of balls (Jon has both) jump in, the water's fine.:eek: :cool: :D

Frank

8. Anti-Chatter

Anti-Chatter
    from Alberta

9. a boner

a boner

One negative about the "T" bodies is their small interior space.......People are bigger now and getting bigger compared to the 1920's................so if you want a "T" body, check out Jon Hall and his 1927 Shadow Rods bodies as he has fixed this problem.:)