Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Day Of The Drags 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Damn. I wish I could have gone...Looks like a blast!

3. Sunday was like the first two DOTD events. I was hot-lapping the time
    trials. 3 passes on Sat and 7 on Sun.

To see so many fast cars driven to the track is truly a treat.

4. Noland

Noland

It looks like you had one heck of a time

Thanks for the pictures

5. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

I had a good time too. First time for me to DOTD, but I'll make it there next year for sure. I brought along my fiancee's son, Ethan. He's 4 and had a blast walking around looking at everything. Completely forgot the camera, but kinda glad I did.

One thing I regret every time I go to one of these types of events is that I can link a car to a messageboard name, but I have no clue who the actual owner is in person. Next time I guess I'll just have to go out there and introduce myself to everyone so I can put some names to some faces, instead of names to cars.

6. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I'd like to add...

Anyone who missed Sunday, missed a FLATHEAD winning the bracket-racing purse...

And doing a sweet doughnut in front of Tech to celebrate...

7. MBTex

MBTex

Damn I forgot all about this with being so damn busy at work. Wish I could have been there.

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looks like a great time!

Ryan, it sounds like you didn't make any passes with the '38?

Malcolm

9. BELLM

BELLM

Thanks to Steve and the Kontinentals for another great time. Good to see a lot of old friends, make new ones.
    This is probably the only dragstrip in the world where they stop the races to clear freshly fallen pecans off the track!

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I made one... time slip said 12.97 at 108... Light sign said 13.57 at 108... I'll take the first although it certainly didn't feel like I hooked up well enough for a 12!

11. GRIFF

GRIFF

What a drag race! It was a long way from Australia, but 100% worth it. I've never seen so many bitchin' hot rods driven in anger and in the perfect location. Thanks to all the HAMBers who welcomed me, fed me beer and showed me the best time - including a tyre-burning, beer-spillin' pass in Hot Rod Artist's coupe (what car), and numerous laps in Lady Cruiser's sweeeeet Olds. To Dirty31, Scrape, Racey, Broken Spoke, BeantickC, El Jefe and lotsa others, you guys rock!
    Simon

12. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Ryan I have a 100 mph patch for you. Great weekend and perfect weather. I recommend waking up at the track. Stepping out in the morning about 7 or 8 am while everything is still pristine and quiet. Great time to reflect. Thanks again Ryan for helping us get the word out for the weekend.

13. awesome, thanks for sharing

14. belair

belair

Ryan-saw your coupe-what a tasteful car. Really like the 55-56 chvey steering wheel and the way you carried the black and white throughout the car. All done sucking up now.

15. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

life is good. :) dam those flatheads . and I did 4 doughnuts.:rolleyes:

16. scott waters

scott waters
    from in amerika

I had a great time as well. It's a shame that 420 whatever inch nailhead powered coupe Ryan posted was more horn than driveshaft. It displays really nice craftmanship.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It ran 12's homie... That's pretty damned fast.

18. 12s on tires that skinny,isn't bad in my book,but what do i know?Any street driven car that "actually"runs 12s is fast.Lots of "bullshitters" think their car runs 10s till they go down the track.When you've driven something that'll pass a 100 before a 100 ft then talk to me.:rolleyes:

19. A4ord

A4ord

Hi there,Simon(Griff). Paul told me you where over there,looks like a good time was had by all.Guess it's off to Vegas now. This weekend is the Nostalgias at Warwick so I will take some photos and send them on.How come we couldn't have the EJ for the week or two? You keep, on having a good time,regards.Neville. Paul says hi too.

20. swimeasy

swimeasy

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I just love that track's shade It has allways been a favorite of us San Angelo guys! THANKS, KCC, see ya next year.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

21. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Thanks Ryan and the HAMB for supporting the Drags. It's my favorite event of the year and ya'll coming from all over to beat the ever lovin' snot out of your cars is why it's so fun. I saw more people with a 3+hr drive home banging gears than I would ever have believed. Too cool. And the weather was freakin' perfect. God Bless Texas.

Thanks again and hopefully we'll see most of ya'll down here in the Spring for the Roundup!!!

22. It was GREAT! Thanks again Kontinentals and everybody who made it down. Had fun cruising to and from, racing, catching up with old friends, making new ones, drooling on the other cars, watching the after hours mayhem, etc...

I'll second El Jefe, waking up at the track is pretty cool.

23. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Thanks for the compliments on the craftsmanship. I think the car ran pretty good 12.80 on a basically stock nailhead. Seems pretty good to me. Not to mention the fact it was his first time down the track!!
    Jimmy White
    Circle City Hot Rods
    P.s. Its tough tuning a car with 6x2s. I have spen alot of time dialing in those 97's on that thing.

24. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Glad ya'll made it back safe, Jimmyand Kerry. Thanks for making the long trips to come hang out and run with us.

25. Brad S.

Brad S.

Jimmy...

A lot of us were wondering why that nailhead was "whistling". Is it the pipes or something?

And yes...a sub 13 pass in that was better than a lot of cars out there. That car was damn quick on skinny tires.

26. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I wondered all day about the way that thing sounds, I can still hear it in my head......what an awesome car.

27. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

We have never been able to figure out the whistle!! I think it only comes out of one side as well. It might be the pipes? I was pretty surpised that it ran that good. I was expecting it to go mid 13's but 12.80 is pretty good. Thanks to everyone especially the Kontinentals for putting on such a great event. It was really cool running that car and meeting so many people.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Jimmy White

28. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

My brother's truck with a y-block and open headers also whistled, I think it may just be some header designs that do that.

29. I was guessing it was some sort of exhaust insert. Strange. Sweet machine btw!

30. Jimmy has the long distance drive award I'm sure.

Bummer to see you break so soon Buzzard. There's always next year, right?