Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>2014 Gasser Finals at Greer Dragway<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevydeucewagon, Oct 16, 2014.

1. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

It's that time of year again, time for the Gasser Finals Showdown at the historic Greer Dragway! Saturday, November 1st, the wild gear banging South East Gassers will take to the track for their final event of 2014. Gates open at 10:30 with on track action from noon until 5. Admission is adults $10 and kids 6-11yrs. $3

The SEG have been working on incorporating a front engine dragster class and plans are to debut some of the 60's era correct slingshots at this event. FEDs, Gassers, and Hot Rods will surely make this an awesome day!

We also have a facebook event page located at https://www.facebook.com/events/706186669474574/ for folks to post about the event. Once again the track owner has agreed to reserve a section for Hot Rod parking on a first come first serve basis. Look forward to seeing everyone at Greer on Nov. 1st.

Attached Files:

2. Can't wait! I'll be there, hopefully in my wagon.

3. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Right on Daren it's going to be our biggest race ever. We are expecting around 20 era correct Gassers for the race and many more drive in's from around the area. I'm getting call from all over the US from people coming to see the show. Tire testing is going to start next week for the tire smoking front engine dragster that we hope to have there to add to the show.

4. Awesome! Are you bringing along a Circus Bear with you ?:rolleyes:

5. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Shannon Smith has been on a mission this year in the Pale Rider dominating the competition. Come see if he has what it takes to win the finals!!
    [​IMG]

Butch M, 55Belairman and Dog_Patch like this.
  6. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Dang...sounds like it's going to be a killer show. Can't wait

7. I will be there with one of my cars. HRP

8. Danny G

Danny G

Will there be gassers running that are not in the se gassers and can you register there? My ladder bars are shorter than they require but other than that Im just hunting a race to end the year.

9. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Greer will pretty much let you run anything...quain will have to decide if you can grudge anyone from the SEGA group but you will be able to make several passes if you want.

10. Danny G

Danny G

Is it 1/8 or 1/4 mile ?

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

12. toucan

toucan
    from sc

looks like a great event!!

13. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Danny There will be a test and tune and I'm sure there will be several Gassers there that don't fit the rules that you can race against. I'm not sure how much time there will be for test and tune but I'm sure you can get several runs. If your Ladder bar length is the only problem you should call me because that rule is in the request section. It does say that it could be a rule in the future maybe 2015 but your ok for the Greer race. But you will have to send pics and pre enter. Can't just show up and race with the group but can do what ever in the test and tune.

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

This looks to be an exciting event to wrap up the season.
    I sure hope to see pictures and videos.
    Wishing the best to all !

15. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Can't recommend these events strongly enough! Man, the SE Gasser deal at Piedmont in NC was WAY cool! If you are anywhere nearby, go see these guys run! You won't regret it.

Quain Stott likes this.
  16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Thank's Bruce it really make's the whole group feel good to see comments like this. The true Gasser fan's under our deal and love it. Now we have got to work on the rest and get them to understand why our show is so much different than the rest. Be at Greer Dragway November 1st and they can see for their self. There is a chance that the 2 tire smoking front engine Dragsters will be there, we are testing this week. They won't be on nitro this time but they will be next year.

17. AHotRod

AHotRod

Quain,
    Where can we see pictures of the Dragsters that are being built or done that will be running with the group?
    Glenn

tylercrawford likes this.
  18. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Glenn we are planning to test them this week if all goes well I post some video. They are all apart now or I would take some pics for you.

19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man I was planning on coming but this past Saturday I was reminded I have a family reunion in the afternoon a wedding that evening and my daughter will probably be in a basketball tournament that morning.
    Maybe next year:(

20. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

21. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

22. :) Awesome score - building a hemi from the ground up is really time consuming. You are going to have a lot of fun in that! Tyler needs a Hemi next :rolleyes:

23. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Yea the hemi is cool, I still have to changes the pistons for nitro but it won't happen before Greer, I guess I'll have to just run alcohol there might do 20% just for fun.

24. Missed this reply the other day Dog_Patch. He said he was probably going to go with me. Wasn't for sure though. Work on him a little if you can. I'll include a case of beer to lure him into the car.

25. Tyler did you get your heads welded back up?

26. dmc3113

dmc3113

J.Ed, Marty, and I are bringing the Hundley & Boggs AA/FD cackle car.

Quain Stott likes this.
  27. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Yes and some total seal gapless rings since the old rings were in questionable shape . . .

28. Bump to the top for a Sunday night.

29. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

This race will be your last chance to see Gene Cromer and his Moonlighter 41 Willys in action this year.

loudbang likes this.
  30. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

MAN I WISH I WAS GOING:(