Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 2014 Bonneville speedweeks traditional lake cars

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 37 Millrat, Aug 1, 2014.

1. With Bonneville speedweek closing in on us in the next week or so I would love to see some traditional hot rods photos on the salt. My uncle went and promised to send picts (which I will post). Some of us working family guys can't make the journey but would love to see some old dry lake cars. Here is the link to the scta schedule http://www.scta-bni.org/events.html. post em if you get em.
    Thank you

2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Gp Jobs.jpg Lets see if I can actually do this. No more traditional that these two

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

I'm looking forward to seeing this thread take off.

4. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

i was really excited when i seen this thread pop up and only 1 pic so far....

5. Me too maybe when folks return they will share some pictures with us.

6. From what I was told this photo is from yesterday. HRP

[​IMG]

7. Latest from SCTA facebook page.
    "Bonneville Salt Report, August 7, 8:30pm: after a complete review of the Bonneville Salt Flats, it appears that the courses are drying and we expect continued improvement. The Board has decided to start site cleanup on Saturday, August 9th, allowing all participants onto the salt for pit selection and inspection on Sunday. We hope to start racing on Monday, August 11th based upon course conditions. The SCTA merchandize trailer will be open on the entry road for all SCTA products. The Board thanks all racers and fans for their continued support and patience during this delay. We will have another update tomorrow morning to provide current conditions but for now, Speed Week and the Century of Speed celebration is still on!
    — at Bonneville Salt Flats."

8. The hotels around the flats are filling up. Taken in a parking lot. Picture 60.jpg

9. 34 roadster.JPG
    We all know that Bonneville this year did not happen. If you need a salt flat car fix, the ty-rods car event held on September 7th (lancaster MA) will feature salt flat cars info can be found at http://www.ty-rods.org/reunion.html I believe ken Makuch's record holding 32 flatty will be there.
    This one was taken in a hotel parking lot near bonneville, too bad its not a flathead

10. Boat tail speedster.JPG
    Boat tail speedster near Bonneville

11. parts truck 1.JPG parts truck 2.JPG
    Sick!!!!!

alednekl likes this.
  12. Complete with anchor and tackle box!

13. 8 turbos 1.JPG lakester at hotel near bonneville

14. 8 turbos 3.JPG 8 turbos 3.JPG
    You think its hard to tune 2 97's how about 8 turbos in a t bucket, hotel nearbonneville

Attached Files:

15. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Muttley likes this.
  16. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Muttley likes this.
  17. Wish I did not put this in the traditional section, I am remembering why I avoid it. I know the drill, you complain to the moderator that it is not traditional and it gets deleted. The thing is, had bonneville happened more pictures of trad cars would have come up. Have at it, sorry for the inconvienience and I will not post in traditional again.

18. rdstr bville.JPG rdstr pu.JPG
    Roadster and rpu bville hotel