Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1964 Ford F100 shortbed project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by LL, Jul 31, 2015.

1. LL

LL

City: Downers Grove

State: Illinois
    Price: 3000
    Bought this off the Hamb about 5 or 6 years ago. Front of frame is clipped from a 70's/80's Blazer and has the 350 engine, 350 trans, power disk brakes, power steering and tilt column from it. Rear is original flipped and C-notched. Decent exhaust that dumps out in front of the wheels. Has the most basic tilt hood setup possible. Original gas tank removed and runs off a cell in the bed. There is already a hinged door in the bed if you want to add a mustang tank between the frame rails. Because of frame clip, fronts are Chevy 5x5 and rears are original 5x5.5. All lights, signals, horn work. New Edelbrock carb, Jegs aluminum fuel cell, windshield and gasket and a bunch of gauges.

It still runs/drives/stops but has been parked in my garage because the cab mounts are gone, causing the cab to tilt forward and the steering linkage to get hung up on the upper control arm. Front and back cab corners need redone, too. Floors had already been redone (not well) but they could use patching. Bed is pretty good. Some holes starting up at the front of the floor. Side trim is gone but holes are still there. Otherwise the rest of the truck is rough but pretty solid. The paint job is a joke and door and window rubber is toast. Currently the hood is off and the front clip is unbolted but sitting on the truck. Ready to be easily removed in one piece so you can work on the cab.

Everything leaks. Some things more than others. I think the trans (at the speedo cable?) and the power steering are the worst. The carb needs tuned and probably the timing needs looked at. The frame clip and C notch look like they were done well. I don't think this is a huge project for someone who knows what they are doing. Fix the leaks, get your welder out if you want to be a hero, or just find a southern cab and swap it out. It will need trailered.

$2500 OBO for the truck. Can include new in box Cragar Delux 69 wheels and new, never mounted tires I was planning to use on this, plus a pretty nice hood for $3000 OBO.
    00w0w_gnCAgE6StOO_600x450.jpg 00V0V_iKUQz8eOpSL_600x450.jpg 00T0T_fMTWGDsBNWm_600x450.jpg 00p0p_6RoQ6WUndMZ_600x450.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Sharman29 likes this.
  2. LL

LL

Come check this truck out and make an offer.

Sharman29 likes this.
  3. LL

LL

Forgot to add that I have a quick video of it running and driving before the cab mounts gave out, so you can hear it if you want to.

Bring a hammer and come bang on the frame to see it's solid. Then put it your pole barn and work on it over the winter.

Sharman29 likes this.
  4. LL

LL

Please come see it and make an offer!

Sharman29 likes this.

5. LL

LL

My garage overfloweth. $2500 OBO for the truck, $3000 OBO for truck, extra wheels, extra tires and extra hood.

Sharman29 likes this.