Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1960 FORD Fairlane kustom - SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by juras, Mar 11, 2017.

1. juras

juras

City: Park Ridge

State: New Jersey
    Price: 16,000
    [This car is SOLD]

Price is FIRM...
    NO trades, NO best offers.
    I've just slashed it down to $16k from $23k which was already a great buy and at $16k it's a steal.

Needs nothing, except driving... and maybe a larger radiator if you want to run the VintageAir A/C frequently, as it does overheat slightly with the A/C on for extended periods. I've also had a power brake conversion done to it.

This kustom had a ton of unique fabrication done to it.
    Before any custom work ensued, it had its floorboards, lower quarters and rockers replaced.
    The entire rear roofline was moved forward by about 9" and a filler panel fabricated for the now longer trunk. Fins were extended [by 2"] as were the fender peaks.
    Flared wheel wells, re-radiused and peaked to match rear to front, and car's lines...
    Rounded corners/gap lines on trunk and hood, molded custom tailights and grill opening, custom floating stainless grill. Shaved door handles, gas door and locks, including trunk. Custom naugahyde roll & pleat upholstery.
    289ci mill, C4 tranny and 9" rear are from rebuilt/restored '67 Mustang. Pertronix HEI ignition.
    Incredible paintjob, complete with 'fades', photos do not do its justice, even the ones which actually managed to capture the fadeaway effect...
    Dash pinstriped by the legendary Blaine 'BlaineO' Scott.
    This car cruises beautifully at 70mph + all day long with its highway gears, better than 20mpg. Clean title in my name.
    It also comes with a [$450] custom fit, all seasons outdoor, ultralight cover/cable lock by 'California Car Cover'.

Has a tiny nick on its right rear fin, and a small area of surface scratches from my wheelchair on its driver's side rocker, both shown in the last 2 photos.
    The chrome quad exhaust scavenger tips have typical oxidation/rust spots from lack of regular driving.

The hand controls can be taken off within minutes and were installed without any modifications to the car/interior [no drilling, etc]. Car is also fully drivable by non-disabled persons, via pedals, with the hand controls in-place... The only reason I'm selling it is because I no longer can wheelchair transfer into/out of it sans help.

Here's a link to a thread here started by its original builder/painter after I got hit by a tour bus in it:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/mcphails-fairlane-wrecked-totaled.649986/
    it went through a comprehensive over 2 years long rebuilt...

I've put maybe 350 miles total on its clock since I've purchased it back in late 2011, and out of that, less than 250 since i got it back from the original builder aftter its complete redo; all local car shows miles. Again, I drive it seldom because I need help with my wheelchair from someone else everytime i get into/out of it.

0okladka.jpg mags5b.jpg 0rod-1960FORDFairlaneCustomDennisMcPhail01.jpg 0rod-1960FORDFairlaneCustomDennisMcPhail04.jpg 1960FairlaneDay1al.jpg mags2.jpg 00GearsandGalsMag60FairlanePhotoshoot1.jpg mags01.jpg mags1.jpg mags02.jpg mags4.jpg mags5.jpg View attachment 3475907 mags6.jpg mags7.jpg View attachment 3475910 mags9.jpg x32.jpg x62.jpg x05b.jpg x30.jpg View attachment 3476356 View attachment 3476357 View attachment 3476358 x46.jpg x48.jpg x52.jpg x66.jpg View attachment 3476406 fairlane-pearlriver-may20-2016h-SIZED.jpg View attachment 3476408 View attachment 3476418 fairlane-pearlriver-may20-2016e-SIZED.jpg View attachment 3476419 fairlane-pearlriver-may20-2016c1.jpg fairlane-fin-nick1.jpg x64.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. juras

juras

i've read the rules here and it seems ok to post this link, since it's not a general classified listings site...if this link violates the rules here, i'd appreciate a moderator giving me a heads up and i'll delete it...
    here's a link to a nice write-up on this killer ride by sondre of kustomrama:

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Dennis_McPhail's_1960_Ford

again, the price is FIRM.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  3. juras

juras

GearsandGalsMag60FairlanePhotoshoot2.jpg seems folks are strapped for cash more than i even realized, i expected this ride to be sold by now...
    THE PRICE IS FIRM and this won't change, but i can always bump my ad with another photo...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  4. juras

juras

well, i thought the car was as good as sold a couple of days ago but the man in the end apparently couldn't come up with the full amount... his loss, this ride is still for sale....
    again, the price is FIRM...

here's a close up of the cable operated trunk release handle next to the driver's seat and mechanism.... i had it relocated by the original builder from its hidden location inside the rear wheel well to inside because i couldn't it operate the original release with my useless hands...
    x23b.jpg x23.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Leave your private conversations private and not post offer comments etc.
    Thanks,

6. juras

juras

will do, got pissed off with a bunch of 'offers'.. i was editing the posts already as you posted this...

7. juras

juras

bump...
    no offers please, the price is FIRM...

8. juras

juras

the price is FIRM, with a bump....

[edit] - this ride is sold....

Last edited: May 13, 2017