Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 Corvette M/SP Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Baron, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Awesome car! I really want to build a 55-57 Corvette in that style for the street. DO put have fun with it.the straight axle in it and. Or, sell it to me!:D

2. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Shitcan the Lakewoods and put some Cal Tracks on it. I had a 57 Vette back in 63 with a brand new crate 327/360 in it, 4 speed, 4.56 gears. At 2600 lbs it was badass in its day. If you just want the look forget the straight axle & put a 4 inch I beam spacer between the frame & frontend like we did in the old days. That way you wont ruin the car and can put it back stock some day if you want. For Gods sake put some brakes on it, they wont stop in a 10 acre field. Love the car !

els and volvobrynk like this.
  3. jimdillon

jimdillon

Looks good Baron. Keep it up and before you know it you will be running it at speed-Jim

els likes this.
  4. Go man go! Cool project.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Early Vette Drag Cars are SO cool.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Looking good, I was wondering how it was coming along.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Haha, you don't know Baron.

8. Nice. One thought tho,,, I ran those same traction devices on my ole '55 (only u-bolted tight to the spring) and they bent the spring right where the snubber hit it. Always thought I should of modified them so they would hit on the front eye. Love your project and look forward to more!

9. Ohiovette

Ohiovette

Baron,
    Your 57 project looks great, the risers in the front add a lot to the overall looks of the car.
    Here is a picture of my 57 Gasser projects Lakewood bars on the Olds rear end.
    Also one of the straight axle, complete with 40 years of dust and cobwebs.
    The cars out for paint right now.

Keep the updates coming.

Attached Files:

Baron likes this.
  10. we would lengthen the slapper bars because they bent the springs and hit harder.just finished installing a full cage and making a carson top on a 61 installed two kirkey seat because they sit right on the floor very tight fit.

Baron likes this.
  11. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Baron,

Looks like the car is coming along nicely, good selection on the wheels.

jp

Baron likes this.
  12. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys. All comments and suggestions are appreciated. This will be more of a daily driver than a race car. At best ,it will make a couple nostalgia events per year. I do know this project will keep me busy for at least the next nine months for sure (and probably longer).
    [​IMG]

els, quick85, ClearSpot and 3 others like this.
  13. I know it makes the purists cringe, but I love the early year Corvette race cars and street machines. They look so bitchin'.

I really like your car! You're doing a great job.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. jimdillon

jimdillon

Stance is killer Baron.

els likes this.
  15. there's nothin' purtier than than NON stock old vette
    NCRS=No Components Remain Stock

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I totally agree Flat-N-low! While I appreciate the looks and lines of the early Corvettes and two door T-Birds, to see them set up with a nasty motor, a stick and Gasser style suspension really kicks in the Big Grin machine.:D:D:D See? lol Subscribed!

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I like it, especially the hood scoop. With those wheels and that scoop, it SCREAMS early '70's, an Edelbrock TR2 with the early tall plenum and a pair of 660's would be perfect. Restrict the IFR's, and it'll run damn good too.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Now, you're talkin'!!!
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. vetrod62

vetrod62

Oh yea, Gotta love the tunnel ram, in my case the TR-1.

This is my car, real early 1970s. I put all this old school stuff on Butch's car two years ago. ( heads, manifold, carbs and hood ) It ran his car the fastest it has ever went. The next pictures are recent pictures of Butch's car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    els, wingnutz and Promotive like this.
  20. fender lizard

fender lizard
    from mcallen tx

This is my favorite car on the Hamb! Car and combo is going to be amazing! Great taste

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Love the Grump Lump! I have a Mr. Gasket V-Gate, a TR1Y, a Corvette tach drive dual point, and a couple of SW cable tachs. Hell thats almost an early seventies project car right there...:eek::D

els likes this.
  22. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

Holy shit that car is gonna be friggin awesome! I agree, that car screams 1971 straight from the diaphragm. Begging for an early Edelbrock tunnel ram with a pair of Holleys, finned Mickey Thompson valve covers, a fiberglass Flex-A-Lite fan, a Mallory or Accel dual point dist, white headers, and maybe even one of those Accel super coils and maybe some of those ugly yellow plug wires. I'd paint it a subdued fine metallic (gold, light or dark green, think factory colors from the late 60's/early 70's), and maybe laydown some wild asymmetrical panels with stripes in the coves.

I'm absolutely envious, as I love 57 vettes, I love that style tunnel ram scoop, and I love that you are going to daily drive this car!

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Nice build, I'm on board. That's exactly what comes to mind when I think back how it was. Most we're SBC but every so often you would hear a Rat slid over the speed bumps at the Bog Boy. Ron

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Endless line the coves! PERFECT!

els likes this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Gonna try to inject a little life here...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QddlCq2ceVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

els likes this.
  26. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Nice work, but that kid isn't going to live very long. :eek:

27. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Copy the way he paints, but not what he wears when he paints.:D

els likes this.
  29. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Looks great!...But then again, I think a 56-57 vette is just about the best looking car in the world anyway,so i'm biased...I'm working a deal on a 56 right now and hoping/praying it works out, my dad had a 56 when I was just a kid, and i've dreamed of one since.

30. little t

little t

keep up the good work it look great way to go will be watching for up dates.