Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1954 CHEVROLET 53 CHEVY 54 STATION WAGON MODEL 150 4 DOOR CALIFORNIA CAR

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by dubie54, Jul 25, 2014.

1. dubie54

dubie54
    from Michigan

City: Harbor Beach

State: Michigan
    Price: $11,900.00
    1954 CHEVROLET STATION WAGON HANDYMAN MODEL 150 4 DOOR
    VERY STRAIGHT & RARE CALIFORNIA CAR

Up on this auction is a used but very RARE 1954 Station Wagon (SW) Handyman model 150 which GM built only 21,404 of these cars and because of the variety of use these station wagons there are very few to still be in existing. This car does run very good and is 100% road worthy as it currently sits and all the lights working correctly. This car has had many new parts installed and has the original drive train and took 60 years to get this natural "Patina" look. This car can be driven and restored as desired or keep the original look or could be street rodded or rat rodded. The car needs some interior work such as new door cards and a new headliner. The original engine is a straight 6 cylinder 235 CI engine and has been serviced with new oil, plugs and runs excellent. This station wagon originally came from California and I purchased it thru a classic car company in Ohio a couple years ago. I have the CLEAR Michigan paperwork title in my name. The true GM VIN & Cowl Tags are attached in the correct locations. The VIN tag number is A54L051268 which breaks down to A for model 150, 54 for 1954, L for Los Angeles, CA manufacturing plant and the sequence number of 051268 which GM started with 001001.

BODY-TRIM-GLASS: This Station Wagon has terrific & STRAIGHT original sheet metal in surprisingly great condition and has 60 years of natural Patina causing the paint to look old. There are no replacement panels every installed and does not need any installed. There is a small minor body damage that was filled in years ago on the rear passenger side above the tail light. Also the right side front fender and front door has a creased from an accident. There is a very small dent on the rear tire exterior dogleg about 2 inches in length by the rear door which is a very minor issue. The car has one of the original "curb feeler" still in place. The doors open and close freely because of my body man making door adjustments and installing all new door gasket rubbers. The passenger side front door bottom also needed some minor repairs. The front windshield gasket has been replaced as well as installing the station wagon stainless steel trim used on the models 210 and Belair. The grill, front bumper, brackets, front fenders, hood, lights, headlight bezels and etc. are in good condition. The rear bumper, splashpan, license plate light & bracket and tail lights are all in very good condition. All of the stainless steel chrome trim is attached and in very good condition. Please note the condition of the rear tire rubber covered metal gravel guards/shields which are in very nice and solid condition. Most of the glass is in good usable condition with a crack in the front and rear driver side doors. The rest of the glass is all original and in good condition but is 60 years old so will have bubbles, chips and etc.

INTERIOR-FLOORS: The SW has had the passenger floor pans replaced because of a leaking front windshield gasket which has also been replaced. The body man also painted the entire floor and did some additional very minor repairs as needed. The original ignition and key is included as well as a locking gas cap. All of the garnish moldings are included and installed. The wagon will need new door cards and fabric. The front seat appears to be in good condition but the covers are torned and would need new fabric. The rear seat is in great condition and folds down as intended. The wagon does need a new headliner installed and the 8 headliner rods are included.
    TAILGATE/LIFTGATE: The tail gate has had some very minor repairs made and is in great condition. The area that the tail gate rest upon has also had some very minor repairs. The lift gate is in very good condition and the glass is in great condition. Included is a brand new set of lift gate and tail gate rubber gaskets that has not yet been installed. The spare tire tub has had some cleaning and painting done and has no rust. The spare tire, wheel and jack are all included. The rear section of the cargo floor will need some new wood and finish.
    DRIVELINE: The engine is a manual shift 235 cubic inch straight six that has been serviced and runs great as well as shifts smoothly between gears. The engine has had some new parts installed such as a new 6 volt battery, oil, filters, voltage regulator, rebuilt generator, rebuilt starter, rebuilt radiator and what ever else it needed to drive safely on our roads. The valve cover gasket leaks slightly as well as small transmission leak. The gas tank and lines have been checked as well as flushed and looks all in terrific condition. The gas tank has no leaks and have been thru a few tank fill ups since putting the car back on the road. The brakes have been gone over with rebuilding the master and all brake cylinders. The emergency brake system works as it should. The wagon has brand new 215 75 15 tires installed as well as a brand new complete exhaust system.
    FRAME: The station wagon frame appears to be in VERY good condition with being solid and has no rust areas. The frame rear cross member, the K member, the transmission crossmember and all the body mounts appear to be all solid and in very good condition without any rust. The underneath of this car was undercoated at one time which has preserved it in unbelievable condition. The metal under the undercoating looks almost like brand new if you was to remove some of this coating.
    LOOSE PARTS: Almost 99% of of the parts are still attached to this car but will include the front door parts because the door cards are removed, a set of 4 nice used aluminum door sill plates and will included the 8 headliner rods. I will also include these parts: a new replacement glove box liner, new tail gate gasket, new lift gate gasket, new door rubbers and a brand new set of door fuzzys from National Chevrolet.
    NO WARRANTY IS MADE WHATSOEVER. SOLD AS IS - THIS A USED VEHICLE.
    This station wagon is listed on eBay with no reserve but is also listed for sale locally. Once there is a bid that has meet the reserve, than the car is no longer available locally and will only sell on eBay. I will remove the listing if sold before a bid is made and I reserve the right to do so. I just like to see all of my many eBay friends have a chance at some of these older original vehicles become available.
    SOLD AS IS WHERE IS - WE HAVE THE CLEAR APPROPRIATE PAPERWORK ALSO.
    I have many pictures of this SW so if you want more pics or info, just drop me a note.
    No added charge if you pick this up.
    WE'LL HELP YOU LOAD IT RIGHT UP ON A TRAILER or DRIVE THE CAR HOME!
    PLEASE LOOK AT OUR OTHER AUCTIONS!
    I'm will be also listing many parts for the 1953 or 1954 Chevrolet Hardtops, Station Wagons, 2 or 4 door Sedans being the trim models of Bel Air, 210 or 150's.

Please email me with any questions or specific needs.
    [email protected]
    Please continue to watch my auctions for more vehicles and parts.
    Thanks for looking and happy bidding!

Attached Files:

2. dubie54

dubie54
    from Michigan

BTT reduced price $11,200.00

3. dubie54

dubie54
    from Michigan

Willing to sell at a reasonable price or trade......

Fender Banger likes this.
  4. dubie54

dubie54
    from Michigan

BTTT Also listed on eBay....

5. dubie54

dubie54
    from Michigan

6. dubie54

dubie54
    from Michigan

The car is listed on eBay..... dubie54