Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 chevrolet, fleetline ??????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockin rebel, Nov 8, 2007.

1. HEY OUT THERE IN CRAZY CAR LAND.. I KNOW THE TITLLE SOUNDS FUNNY, AND YES I KNOW THEY DID NOT MAKE ONE...BUT I HAVE EITHER SEEN ONE IN A MAG. OR AT LEAST A CONCEPT PIC... DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHICH BOOK IT WAS?? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE LAST FEW YEARS........THANKS, LLOYD:rolleyes: :confused:

2. JamesG

JamesG

I think there was an orange one built.

3. Poopy

Poopy
    from abbotsford

It would probly look good with your new whitewalls....:D

4. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

There used to be a yellow 51 Fastback in a Junkyard in Belton Texas that had 54 quarters grafted on and a 54 front clip. Looked pretty neat, I think it had an old school channel job too(floor raised only over the framerails).

5. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

there is an orange 54 fastback

6. brewsir

brewsir

turn up the caps I can't hear you!

7. The Shocker

The Shocker

I know of a local shop that built one about ten years ago.I think they started with a 51 fastback and grafted on 53 1/4's and fender sides in the front.I also recall seeing one about half built for sale in a local auto trader in the late 80 's.It seemed to be done the same way.I have always thought the 53/54 1/4's look too low when grafted on a 49 -52 ,but thats just my 2 cents.Might look cool if you could figure a way to graft the roof and back on a 53/54 from a 49-52 fastback.It would proly be more difficult though...

8. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

DON'T KNOW WHO TOOK THE PICS,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thats what i was talking about.That version looks a whole lot better .

10. Thanks guys, hope there is more to come and ya, I always forget the caps sorry if it is tooooooo loud:p

11. Kustoms Illustrated, duh!

Issue # 12.

Bryan

12. Thanks Bryan with a Y. My son's name is spelled like that... anyway's is this the new kustom ill.?? what year ??

13. Cool...I've always been fond of that spelling...haha.

KI is up to issue # 15, but you can order back issues. The owner/editor goes by Kustom Klown here....you can PM him or order off his website...www.kustomsillustrated.com

It's one of my favorite rags,,,,obviously :D :D

Bryan