Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950s 1960s Hot Rod Movie Stills & posters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbantique, Mar 9, 2009.

1. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

ag.jpg revenge%20of%20the%20creature%202.jpg taya.jpg RF2.jpg palm%20springs%20weekend.jpg viiolet years.jpg cars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

happy days 4.jpg hd1.jpg MVD Norm.jpg fonz 3.jpg happy%20days%208.jpg Running Wild Mercury & Sex Kittens go To College, Happy Days

Attached Files:

3. Is there a site or a vendor who sells the posters or copies?

4. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

That was some cool stuff. Man i wish i grow up back then...

5. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

scooter.jpg boys%20are%20a.jpg car%2054.jpg amgraffr.jpg CA Kid.jpg buddy%20holly%20story.jpg There are original movie posters for sale on ebay or google hot rod movie posters and you will find dealers in original ones and reproductions. If you can't find what you want... PM me and I will try and head you in the right direction. I had a great collection in the 80s when you could buy 1 sheets , 1/2 sheets, & inserts for 10 to 15 bucks and lobby card sets for 30.00 . Glossy stills were 1 to 2 buck ea. The selection was good cause there weren't many people into collecting them. Cecil here on the HAMB still has his collection and is a good resource. We used to swap hot rod movies on VHS back then also. Many times I'd watch a whole movie just to catch 15 seconds on a hot rod scene. I also used to swap movies with Ron Main in CA who put out a list and used to sell VHS copies as the Main Event . All before CDs & the internet. Now you can watch a lot free on YouTube. This thread might give you a heads up as a preview of what you want to check out or NOT spend your time or money on.

Attached Files:

6. Awesome thread!

7. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Thunder Road.jpg Teenage.jpg Teenage Thunder 8.jpg Teenage Thunder 9.jpg Dragstrip girl 15.jpg Dragstrip girl 16.jpg Runnning Wild  10.jpg wall1.jpg wall2.jpg wall3.jpg Wonder Woman & a couple of early Mercurys

Attached Files:

8. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

livelylc.jpg livelyBW.jpg Untamrd Youth 3.jpg Untamed Youth 2.jpg mbikegangbw.jpg Speed

Attached Files:

9. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

carchase.jpg b70-6266.jpg hotrod.jpg shag33.jpg shaggydog.JPG b70-6266.jpg shag 30.jpg An image emailed to me from CECIL another old time hot rod movie collector who (last I knew still had his Hot Rod Movie collection) and who had some interesting stories of meeting with Jim S ( Kookie car) some years ago. Thanks Cecil for the image ..send more !! Which he did ..thanks again for the 2 scenes from " The Adventures of Spin & Marty " Same car different paint ?

Attached Files:

10. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

borrow 4.jpg Suzie2.jpg rl7000lc2.jpg roadracequad.jpg roar of crowd.jpg kids.jpg roadracequad.jpg some other Disney movies

Attached Files:

11. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

I thought of a few more possibilities:

1) The old highway patrol show had some rods featured in it.
    2) There was a mid 80's movie called CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, which had Matt Latanzi as the star. Had some modern day rods, but also had tri-5 chevy in it.
    3) The BLOB featured some rods too.

If I had my old set of hot rod cards I would post some of them. I am hoping I kept them and they are put away somewhere. Probably worth good money.

12. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

blob2.jpg catch me.jpg annette 2.jpg ca kid.jpg annette.jpg

I think i still have an old Highway Patrol episode on vhs in the attic . As i remember it was about a supercharged merc maybe a ford the highway patrol was after which in fact had carbs. I haven't figured a way to get clear stills from a vhs tape yet. The Blob did have some old rods as shown

Attached Files:

13. Cecil

Cecil

The Annette Serial had the Tommy Ivo T-bucket in it also on Disney.I wamt to thank you Rick for this (GREAT) Thread.

14. hemi

hemi

Great pics... thanks to all who posted.

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

16. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

This was awesome! I hadn't seen this thread before, but it reminded me of the time I asked my Dad to take me to a "midnight " movie double feature at the historic Fox Theater (just a regular old movie theatre, back then) and he said ok. This was in the later 50's or '60 and I wasn't driving yet. They were a couple of b&W "B" Hot Rod exploitation movies that were originally churned out for the drive-in crowd. Sort of "Reefer Madness," meets teen age hot rodders. If you notice...no tats on the guys or girls. My Dad had some friends that had all been Marines or Army/Navy in WWII and they were attorneys in the County Councils office, and they wore white long sleeve shirts even in the summer to cover them up. Never saw any on girls/women with them till the late 60's an hispanic girl that I knew had an older sister that had some small ones on the backs of her hands. Regards to the people that posted.

17. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  18. GuyW

GuyW

I seem to remember an episode where 2 guys used a hot rod Ford roadster in a bank robbery, and then swapped the body to a coupe, as a coverup...

19. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

donna reed  4.jpg 2 tickets broadway 1.jpg

My memory is not as good as it used to be. I dug the VHS tape out of the attic and it still played. I was 1/2 right as in they were looking for a supercharged hot rod and it was dual carbureted. It was a roadster not a mid 50s Ford/merc . The 2 Burke brothers rob some local stores and run down an old lady by the side of the road and kill her. Lots of footage of the roadster peeling out and speeding. Not a cameo role for the hot rod. No rodders portrayed as clean cut just as punks/criminals. No body swaps in this episode. The VHS also had the Dragnet tv as well as Wire Service (The Deep End ) with the original Grabowski T with the wolfhead on the grille shell . the quality on all 3 is only for the dedicated rodder. Cecil might have a copy available.. I got my copy from him 20 yrs ago More images for the dedicated only ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  20. Cecil

Cecil

I do have that Highway Patrol episode. I also have a great Donna Reed episode called Mary Learns to drive .... in a 32 rodster.A Mr.Ed with a 32 roadster and The Real McCoys with the McGee - Scritchfield roadster.It's also in a Fantasy Island episode called Let the Goodtimes Roll.I have about twenty five tv shows with hot rods in them.I'm still looking for all the old Straightaway tv episodes & a Window on Main Street episode with the Barris Twister T in it. Also the Tycoon episode called Dragster Andrews with Tommy Ivo.

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

obvious plug..........www.classiccarfilms.com
    if you ever go to car shows - you will probably find people selling hot rod DVDs

I am at shows every single weekend selling....
    and
    you may wanna try the Hamb Classified section

search original movie posters and something will come up
    or original movie poster

22. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

drag racer.jpg the car that ate my brain.jpg cool3.jpg

very impressive list of movies !!! i've never heard of some of them ..but that is the fun of this genre !! More movies to research and images to post.

Attached Files:

23. Cecil

Cecil

There is a (Great) movie with a hot rod scene where a roadster drives under a log truck in a drag race called (A Woman of Distintion) from 1950.Found it by just catching a small clip of the movie.

24. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

awesome collection

25. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Paul-P.jpg Riley_edited-1.jpg life-of-riley.jpg Shelley_Fabares,_Barbara_Eden__Ride_the_Wild_Surf_(1964).jpg devil5.jpg Life of Riley article from Cecil and I do remember the Donna Reed episode with Mary learning to drive played by Shelly Fabares who also went on to Spinout with Elvis & Ride the Wild Surf. Also " Paul Peterson of the old Donna Reed Show...he's a real gear head and enjoyed his ride...he said the last time he sat in a FED was Don Purdhomme's at San Fernando while making a movie."

Attached Files:

26. S.F.

S.F.

Wow, "dad can I borrow the car"...I forgot that existed

27. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

LARGE.jpg lg 5.jpg LG 4.jpg RILEY LG 2.jpg gg7.jpg
    a few other images + better Life of Riley detail

Attached Files:

28. Russ Meyers did know how to pick actresses . . . :D

[​IMG]

29. Always wanted to get a bunch of these in high res to print, thought it would be awesome. Just love the art and the fonts and colors they used back in the day. Most of these movies are terrible but the thought counts. :)

30. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

mother the car.jpg Hell on Wheels.jpg fastfursign.jpg hotgirllc.jpg draggirllc.jpg fpkk1.jpg faster-pussycat-kill-passion-31000.jpg

Attached Files: