Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 plymouth super deluxe project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Benny_H, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Benny_H

Benny_H

Hi guys this is my first post so go easy on me.
    I have a 1950 plymouth super deluxe I bought of my uncle. I was thinking about dropping a 318 LA motor into it.Can i get an adapter to bolt it up to the stock plymouth six trans? I like the flathead six but we had devastating floods here last year and the plymouth went completely under water so there is a bit of damage. I have another trans for the car that escaped the flood thats why Im asking. thanks guys any help will be appreciated.:)

2. farmer12

farmer12

Sounds like a great project! Do you have any pics? I doubt if there's an adapter for the standard trans, but I'm sure a few guys will prove me wrong or right. Keep posting and the answers will follow. Good luck!

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I know of adapters to go from the stock flathead to a modern transmission, but nothing the other way. The LA engine is two generations removed from the flathead, so unless it shares a bellhousing pattern with the A engine (meaning something may have been available in the 1950s), I doubt it.

4. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

5. Benny_H

Benny_H

Thanks a lot guys