Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD SOLD 1950 Packard

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by oldcarmike, May 18, 2015.

1. City: Aurora

State: Illinois
    Price: 1,750
    SOLD!! SOLD!!

This is a 1950 Packard DeLuxe 8, 23rd series, 4 door sedan. It was last on the road in 1976 (yes 1976) It was a restoration. it's a 288 flathead straight 8 with the Ultramatic trans. And no it wasn't running when parked...

The outdoor pictures are from the last time I had it out of the garage. In the pics it's wet and not that shiny in real life. It does look slightly worse for wear but just minor stuff.

It's a solid candidate for restoration or whatever you want. I don't care if you rod it, race it, make a flowerbed out of it. It's your's once you hand over the cash.

GOOD STUFF
    ~The car is complete and very solid. Some rust on the passenger front floorboard but no extensive rot. A spot on the rear passenger quarter where someone brazed a panel in to fill an antenna hole.
    ~I have the skirts for it.
    ~Interior chrome is good
    ~All 4 tires all hold air
    ~Have spare wheel
    ~Have 4 hubcaps and trim rings, in various states of dingedatude. Presentable but not perfect
    ~ Dash and radio are intact and all interior trim is there and in good condition.
    ~Extra tail light lenses and new fuel pump included
    ~CLEAR, CURRENT ILLINOIS TITLE IN HAND!.

BAD STUFF
    ~ Motor is shot. #6 & #7 cylinder walls are badly corroded due to a leaking head gasket. These motors aren't that hard to find.

~ The wiring will need to be redone. It's cloth insulated and that's all rotten.
    ~This car needs a complete going through as it has been sitting since Jimmy Carter was President.

I am open to trading this beauty as partial payment with me throwing in some cash for the right project.
    • Will consider 2 doors or wagons, pre '64 runners or very close to running.
    • Mid 30's to Pre '48 coupes, sedans, and trucks
    • Local (within 250 miles) of Aurora, IL 60506
    I can work with your shipper but prefer local pick up. If you're out of the area, please have someone come look at it for you. I'll answer any questions they/you have so that the buyer isn't disappointed when it get to them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Bump~A~Rooney (No relation to Mickey Rooney)

3. Still for sale and awaiting for your loving touch. No, not me, the car... :D

King ford likes this.
  4. Give an orphan a loving home, won't you?

5. Is this thing on? Still for sale...

6. Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it!

7. Surprise someone with the gift of love that only a Packard can convey. Trust me, they'll never forget you for remembering them. ;)

8. NEW PRICE!! $2,500

9. I am open to reasonable offers. Let's hear 'em.

10. Hello, is this thing on? Of course it's on, it's always on. What's off is my interest in keeping this car. Spread the word, far and wide. Tell all your friends (and enemies if you're so inclined) that there's a really good deal on an exceptionally solid Packard for sale on the HAMB.

11. At $1,750 someone can get a very solid, complete with all the little trim bits and such for a steal. Car is on roller tires and ready for you to pick up. Would consider trade plus cash for a solid, running '52-54 Ford 2 door or wagon.

12. Still for sale

13. I know this isn't the most desirable car in the world but it's a rock solid starting point. Now, somebody buy it.

14. Bump for the bulbous beauty that is a 1950 Packard.

15. I am open to trading this beauty as partial payment with me throwing in some cash for the right project.
    • Will consider 2 doors or wagons, pre '64 runners or very close to running.
    • Mid 30's to Pre '48 coupes, sedans, and trucks
    • Local (within 100 miles) of Aurora, IL 60506

16. Boing Boing Boing to the top!

17. RUBBER BISCUIT!!!!! To the top!

18. Still got it and apparently I'm still delusional about how much this is worth... :eek:

19. Call me tenacious, if you wish, but I still am looking for a new home for my Packard.

20. CLEAR, CURRENT ILLINOIS TITLE IN MY NAME, IN HAND!! That's right folks, you can haul this beauty away with no paperwork delay!

21. Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

22. For you late comers, still available, still open to partial trades. No, I will not part it out. thanks. tell all your friends.

23. Open to cash offers.

24. CLEAR, CURRENT ILLINOIS TITLE IN MY NAME, IN HAND!!

That's right folks, you can haul this beauty away with no paperwork delay! :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  25. Seriously, isn't anybody interested in making me an offer? This thing, while an orphan, and a 4 door, is solid and complete. Disc brake kits are available for the front end and the engine bay has enough room for damn near any power plant.

Dig deep into your hearts (while not having to dig deep into your wallet), and give this old Detroit lady a go.

26. I'm about ready to have a fire sale on this car; as in I set it on fire and sell the salvage to the scrap yard. :eek: As Smokey Yunik says, "Only you can prevent Packard fires!" :rolleyes:

Make me an offer. Seriously.

27. Trades considered, but no livestock, please.