Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1950 mercury disc brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55 dude, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Has anyone done a upgrade on front with a 5 on 4.5 bolt circle? I realize that 5 on 5.5 is offered and would like pattern to match the the rearend I might use. Thanks!

2. williebill

williebill

Think I got my stuff in 4.5 from Fatmans. It was an ECI kit, I think that Fatmans sells. I wanted it to match the Galaxie rear bolt pattern I was planning on using. Memory is a little foggy since those parts have been in a box waiting on me to install them since I picked them up years ago. I'm slow as Hell.

3. yes the stuff from fatmans is stuff eci used to build but not very often. spoke with ralph at eci today and those guys are great like always!

4. talked to ralph at ECI and the 49-51 mercury outer wheel bearing is a bastard size and machine work needs to be done to spindle for direct bolt on conversion!

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

About 10 years ago when I bought my 51 Merc disc brake kit from Fatman you sent them your spindles and they machined them for the ECI kit. Everything fit just fine. I don't know if they still do that. DSC02216b.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  6. thanks! you have pm!:)

7. jim, it was great talking to you about mercury's today your input helped greatly!

8. just picked up 9" out of a 68 f-100 for the mercury with a 3:25 ratio so looks like i'm gonna stick with the stock 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern!

9. is anyone running the stock spindles with disc conversion with 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern?

10. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Sent you a message

11. I am....... Matt has probably covered it though........

12. Anyone know what calipers and pads they run. Friend has a kit with 5 on 5.5 and brakes are getting due to change, so it's either ask here or match up the pads.

Thanks

13. Some Guy

Some Guy

Brake pads are D215 from a 1983 to 1990 Celebrity

14. There you go.........and only a year later........that's pretty quick for you.

Wait, Celebrity ?!?!.....oh yea those parts are going to be made for a long time :).

15. better late than never!