some more progress made... here is the rear bumper to valance gap on the side, after lowering the bumper the gap is too much, so i cut and filled the gap. sorry no pic of it after: using 49 vert doors on a 50 sedan, lets just say the stock mechs dont quite line up. so bear claw latches are what i went with. using the claw on the post side and the stud on the door, one for a cleaner entry to the back seat / when the door is opened its much smoother and two i will have no door handles outside or inside. push rod will open from the outside and a pull knob for the inside (more on that later): i simply drilled the striker hole bigger and welded the complete kit to the inside of the door, also the old latches on both door and post are being shaved. the bear claw is lower cause for one i think it being centered on the door it will keep it even gap better (dont know if thats true just my idea) and cause at the original location the claw on the post would have been tilted up so that might have caused future problems: i striped both vert doors down to metal and i was amazed they are solid other than a couple whiskey dents that i can hammer and dolly. the bottom of the doors are going to be rounded, both front and rear for a smoother flow: made this cardboard template and paper of the door and rear quarter glass. this helped me visualize the window opening profile so that i can begin on the padded top frame. did a couple and this one i feel is the best flowing. i will be shooting for a bit more Gaylord style top than Carson being that his flowed more and suite the 50's cars better while the Carson suited the 30's and 40's cars more: last thing tonight was tack welding the fenders to the body and the front splash pan to the fenders. then the hood was mocked in for an over look at the car. still lots of fab work to do upfront like the grill surround, frenching, nosing and smoothing the hood to name a few: i did receive just in time 2 really nice 51 Kaiser grille bars so there is nothing keeping me from completing the fabrication on the front end. for a while i though 1 bar would be enough, still not 100% but leaning towards 2 like on Don Carrols shoebox, guess that will soon work itself out: also the body work has began! my pal Leo attacked the car today for a solid 12 hours smoothing out lots of the car, its nice to start seeing it take on shape. our goal is to have it painted by the end of this month or very begin of next month. that will give me a couple weeks to wrap up the mechanicals' before my 700 mile test drive.