Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1948 Plymouth Coupe (Pending)

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by dwest999, Sep 21, 2015.

1. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

City: Katy

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $12,000
    This 1948 Plymouth Deluxe Coupe is a HAMB friendly hot rod.

I've owned this car for a couple of years. Car can from AZ and was supposedly from the high dessert area of CA. Needless to say the car is virtually rust free and does have a great patina look to it. It's cool.

The motor is the original 6 cylinder flathead (classic) with dual exhaust. The brakes were redone recently and I added a new dual master cylinder last year (for safety). The car has drums in the rear and fat man disks up front. The wiring is old and could be redone, however all of the lights work.

The car has a three speed transmission with overdrive which was just installed (spent $2k doing it). The OD makes highway cruising possible and finding a 48 with OD is rare and desirable. I also just put new OE front spring on it last month and custom made lowering blocks. The gas tank has been replaced with a real nice aluminum tank.

The interior was redone at some point, and still looks very good. The speedo, gas gauge, and temp gauge don't work, however I did add a new VDO temp gauge last month. The cooling system was just completely redone with a new Champion radiator and new water distribution tube.

What it needs? Well like rides up here on the HAMB does leak oil and it could use a new rear main seal. I've been meaning to do that, but haven't gotten too it yet. That's pretty much it. I love this car because of its modest hot rod styling and stance. I am selling because I want a car with air conditioning (tx is hot) and this car really isn't conductive for that.

Pending to follow HAMBER Greasemachine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59844574@N04/sets/72157659328839102

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Nomadness likes this.
  2. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

BTTT. I've taken more pictures and a couple of videos. LMK if interested.

3. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

BTTT. Had some interest, but no takers. This is a super solid car... dry, dry, dry.

4. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

BTTT. Lowered the price and provided a link to more pictures and a video. This is a great car at a very reasonable price. LMK.

5. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

BTTT. Getting sick of working around the Plymouth in the garage. This is a great car for someone who's looking for something solid (rust free) with several smart upgrades. Still asking $12,500, but open to offers (but no trades).

6. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

I had a couple of deals fall through so I've reduced my price again to $12,000... This is probably about as low as I can go.... I hope this sparks some serious interest.