Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-1960 Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto Truck only picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

That V8 RAM logo has to be the coolest thing ive ever seen! i want one for my truck and i think im going to get that tatoo'd somewhere.:D

2. Harris

Harris

Amazing Thread. Thanks guys!

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

This is my favorite thread now!

My MoPowered 57 D100 360/727/8-3/4 3.55 suregrip
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  4. arkracing

arkracing

I have 2 of them a '54 and a '55/6 panoramic rear window:cool: both projects though :rolleyes:

The '54 is an interesting hybrid - '90 Toyota Dually Frame, SBC was the motivation. The chassis was shortened, but the wheelbase still isn't correct. I'm not sure how I'm going to rebuild it yet - gasser?, 4x4?, keep it the dually and fix the wheelbase?

The '55/6 already has a SBM in it (not sure what). The truck is actually not as bad as it looks - plus I got a complete extra nose and a couple extra doors.

Nice trucks pictured in this thread, look forward to seeing more.

Attached Files:

5. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Take care of that windshield in that 54, they are hard to find and very expensive. Only fit 54 and early 55. The late 55 fit through 60, if I remember right. Gene

6. Apittslife

Apittslife

Here is two that were at the National's in Louisville Ky. this year.
    Infact when I seen the Panel, I had to look at the chassi to see if it use to be mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

my stalled project. got the Mustang II installed and the axle flipped in the rear (plan to go with a trailing arm rear set up, just need to get fabbing the crossmember mount. Have a complete extra set of sheetmetal. had it forsale on here and craigslist but no one seems to have cash. will probably try ebay next and if that does not work, it will go back into hibernation until I feel the urge to work on it.

[​IMG]

all my extra sheetmetal to build a second one
    [​IMG]

and a concept of it finished

[​IMG]

8. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

All great looking trucks guys, i am really loving this Mopar only stuff instead of looking through everywhere else to find these Mopars to look at, how cool are Mopars.........

I thought i would post this emblem just for you so you have a good picture to go off for your tattoo buddy.;)

Attached Files:

9. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

This is the Australian truck that the V8 emblem above /\ /\ /\ is off.
    The front is a late model front that is original to this model truck. ;)

Attached Files:

10. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Here are some more. :D

Attached Files:

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Here is the world supply of woodie versions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[imghttp://images50.fotki.com/v1529/photos/8/269898/10553666/1951dodge_bluerestored-vi.jpg[/img]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  12. Apittslife

Apittslife

Boones,
    What's left of the Blue Woodie, would make a nice Convertible Pickup truck! ( Could say it is the grandparent to the Dodge Dakota Drop-top Chrysler Had ) 8)

13. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

These Woodies are way cool, but i really like the door treatment on this Yellow Woodie.
    I hope you jump back in to your project, it would be amazing to see a Woodie slammed like Justin's Laidout truck ;)
    Kenny.

14. wendle

wendle

Here is my '48. Driven every day, it's my only car at the moment! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dezert_Racer likes this.
  15. Here's one I had saved on my computer. This is the truck that made me want to run a drop axle over a clip. Hands down perfect stance in my eyes, I hope I get mine to sit like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Mike I agree the stance on that truck is perfect. Any idea whats been done to the suspension? I was thinking of flipping both axles on my truck. Anybody seen this done to a Pilothouse before?

17. That truck has the 3 smallest leaves out of the front spring pack along with a 3" drop axle. His truck sits so low in the front because it still has the stock engine in it which weighs more than most V8s. I think he took some outrageous number out leaves out of the back, something like 5 leaving only 3. I wont be doing since I plan on using my truck as somewhat of a hauler.

I've never seen anyone flip the axles in a pilothouse however I don't see why you couldn't, plenty of ford guys have done it. The only trouble you might have is with the drag link but I say go for it!!!

18. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey Wendle, What engine are you running in your Dodge ?
    I noticed it is sitting on a Holden one tonner or ute chassis.

19. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

The first time i lowered my DeSoto was by putting the front axle above the leaf springs, i did this by using longer bolts of equal length and using tube to slide over the bolt as spacers between the axle and spring perch. I will have a dig around and see if i can find a picture of it to share, it sat pretty low, but not low enough, so opted to put a independent later model front out of another kind of Van, now she sits just where i want it too. :D

20. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Here are some more Aussie trucks. :D

Attached Files:

21. I'm running a long block Chrysler flathead in mine they are quite heavy. I thought about taking a couple of leaves out but I want to be able to haul stuff in it as well.

22. Hemiken if you can post a picture of it that would be great. Did you have to "C" notch the frame?

23. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey Steve, I have a small block Mopar 360, no where near as heavy as the old flat head engines, i did not have to c notch the chassis, but i am thinking that you would have to and even get an extra leaf, most likely a long leaf to put in to help hold it at a good height with the weight of the flatty.
    But i will have a dig around and see if i can find the picture. ;)

24. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Here we go, i found the picture, if you look you will see i used extra long U bolts to hold the leaf pack together and i put a flat plat to support the tubes and then the axle sits on top. Hope this helps you out, this was my old set up i was going to run. ;)

Attached Files:

25. wendle

wendle

Just a warmed over 308 on straight LPG and a TH400. Nothing special... :)

26. Hey Hemiken thanks for the picture it always helps to see what someone else has done before you dive into something. Any idea how much drop you got out of it?

27. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Looking back at the picture now i am guessing anywhere from 7 inches to 8 inches drop doing it the way i did, in fact it just may be enough even with a heavy flatty engine. What truck have you got ?

28. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Always have loved this truck when i first saw it, white can be such an awesome base as a color. :D

Attached Files:

29. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I really like the look of this Panel Truck too for some reason. :D

Attached Files: