Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1939 Studebaker Gasser 5w coupe project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 58pontiac, Jun 28, 2014.

1. 58pontiac

58pontiac
    from michigan

City: Three Rivers

State: Michigan
    Price: $8500
    Studebaker Gasser project for sale. NO TRADES--I bought another car.
    39 Champion coupe, the poor mans Willys. Very solid car that has had a ton of money spent on it, and a considerable amount of work.
    Nos fenders were located, and then the fenders,hood,hood sides,grill shell,and deck lid were taken to a professional bodyshop where all bodywork was completed, insides painted gloss black, and ready for final block sanding and paint,receipts for over $3000.
    Doors were dip stripped, and had some minor lower rust repair done.
    Body shell was stripped to bare metal, rockers replaced, along with some minor lower rust repair, initial body filler applied over these areas, and then was sprayed with epoxy primer to seal the bare metal. Doors and body will require additional final bodywork to straighten before final primer and paint. All work was professionally done. Firewall isn't finished, due to not knowing for sure which engine/trans combo was going in the car, or final placement of. Not set up for any specific combo, that will be for new owner to decide when you make this car your own.
    All new glass has been made, all new rubber window rubber seals,new weather stripping.
    All original trim is present,and nice. Nice grill(3 piece grill).
    I was building as a Gasser, brand new complete speedway straight axle with disc brakes, GM 4 3/4 bolt pattern. Straight axle is mocked up and in place, but is not finish welded.
    I also have the Mustang II front that I removed that will go with the car, also with new disc brakes, chrome coil overs, tubular lower arms, new steering rack,etc.
    The rear has a Moser Engineering 12 Bolt chevy with Moser axles, girdled rear cover, Disc Brakes.
    There is a custom made aluminum radiator for the car. All the door handles,window regulators, door latches are present.
    New Cragar 15x4 front mags with new Pro Trac front runners(bias ply)
    I'm probably forgetting stuff, if you have questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.
    This started as a super solid Kentucky car, there are shiny bare metal areas on the inside floor pans under where the carpet was, amazing for a 75 year old car. Original dash is nice,also comes with original bench seat.
    Clear open Indiana title for this car.
    39 Stude Gasser2.jpg

Thanks,
    Tom
    Bring a truck, trailer, CASH, and make an offer, time for it to go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. 58pontiac

58pontiac
    from michigan

SOLD!
    Thanks Steve.