Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Ford Coupe ignition coil

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Commish, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

A friend of mine is trying to get said car running after be parked in a barn since 1960. After getting it lubed up and some clean fuel going in it fired up and ran for a little bit. He lost fire, and determined it was the coil. He says there where 2 bolt and 3 bolt coils. His is a 3 bolt, and when he got it off it was cracked, so probably not have any core value to a re builder

I get the impression he would like to stay original if possible, but might be willing to adapt something else if cost was prohibitive. I did some searching here and in the Classifieds, but did not come up with much. Any ideas, info or sources would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks .

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. moefuzz

moefuzz

http://macsautoparts.com/default.asp will have original style coils. I have seen can(ister) style Ford coils adapted to work with the older distributors.

-Not sure is macs supplies these or not.

3. moefuzz

moefuzz

4. 48-760

48-760
    from OH

I suggest your friend contact Skip Haney in Florida. He rebuilds Ford coils and probably has a core for the 33-36 Ford coil. He gets about 75 for a rebuild but you know they are good. He also rebuilds and times distributors and water pumps. I also suggest a change of the ignition condenser, it is mounted into the rear of the coil. I use NAPA FA5 and change the bracket to the old bracket, solder it on. Many use the IH200 it also needs to be modified to fit. George Haney 12168 Azure Court Punta Gorda, FL 33955 Day: 941-637-6698 Eve: 941-505-9085

5. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

Thanks guys, that will give him somewhere to start, sorry for such a late reply didn't make it back here yesterday.