Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1933 Ford 5 Window Coupe 1960's Build

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 130driver, May 24, 2015.

1. 130driver

130driver
    from Canada

City: Belleville

State: International (Australia, Canada, etc...)
    Price: 30500 obo
    Guys, I am saying this with all the respect anyone can muster. Please, no trade offers. This car is for sale in U.S. funds as a price as I want to move it to move onto another project that came available. This is a sweet car. It would be criminal to alter the body, paint or interior other than replacing the seat cushion which has become like petrified wood. The chassis and engine need a refresh and rebuild. The car was built in 1963 from a virtually rust free body. There are no patch panels in the car. There is a small bondo repair in the lower pass. side quarter and the bondo is visible from the inside of the car only. The paint in this area has not checked, bubbled or blistered so I will say it is very minor. The floor has some areas with pinholes as does the body bolts in the wheel wells. The roof is filled. The paint is a dark blue lacquer. The inner fenders have some rod tack welded on to prevent splitting but this is not visible from anywhere but looking under the car. I bought the car in California and I still have it in the original title from 1971 when it was parked inside for the last time. I will say the 1949-1953 Mercury engine likely turns but that said, I will take it as worst case scenario that it needs to be rebuilt. I have not taken the time to try this but will do so in the next few days. There is a 3 speed o/d tranny in the car and I believe the rear to be a Dana . The front is vintage Henry with later model spindles. Steering is vintage 33. There are a few very minor mods to the frame. I will try and picture them. The X member is good but the cradle has been changed. One small cut out of the X to accommodate the tranny. The rear cross member is solid and has one small section trimmed on the forward edge that could be left as is or fixed easily. The rear shackles are bolted on and the front welded to bottom of the frame. I have had 5 people say they are buying the car and then disappear so please, I respectfully ask that you inquire only if you have a serious interest. One I said no to as he wanted to take the car and chop it. Seriously, this car is saving you thousands in bodywork and paint and interior as it should be left as it is. The only thing missing is the left window is broken and the right side window/regulator and track has been removed. If it does not sell here, I will likely tuck it away and save it for down the road. Many thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

• 332.jpg
      332.jpg
      File size:
      233.4 KB
      Views:
    • 333.jpg
      333.jpg
      File size:
      228.1 KB
      Views:
    • 338.jpg
      338.jpg
      File size:
      308.7 KB
      Views:
    • 336.jpg
      336.jpg
      File size:
      384.3 KB
      Views:
    • 337.jpg
      337.jpg
      File size:
      330.6 KB
      Views:
    • IMG_0147.JPG
      IMG_0147.JPG
      File size:
      140.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5w92.jpg
      5w92.jpg
      File size:
      43.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3396.jpg
      3396.jpg
      File size:
      163.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3393.jpg
      3393.jpg
      File size:
      392 KB
      Views:
    • IMG_0152.JPG
      IMG_0152.JPG
      File size:
      227.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3394.jpg
      3394.jpg
      File size:
      151.6 KB
      Views:
    Noel Pole, dad-bud and Nomadness like this.