Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 frame diagram. Who would be interested in a full size to scale print?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Hi everyone, over the weekend I decided to take and scan in my medium scale accurate drawing of a 1932 frame so that I could refine it and make it full size in the computer. I took all of the measurements and made them exactly to scale, the diagram I had was really close but needed some refinements.

The reason I wanted to do this is so that with a full size print I could measure anything on the diagram and it would be accurate. Not just what measurements it had already.

The drawing would be 48" wide x 155" long. There would be two prints available. One of the top view with all the measurements of each bolt hole and all the crossmembers. Then the other would be of both the side profile and the bottom of the frame. I have a place here locally that will print them on heavy paper for 55$ each. I could roll them up and place them in cardboard tubes for shipping.

I'm just trying to get a feel from you all if this is something you guys would be interested in having. I know it would take up a large space, so that's always an issue.

Also because I have it fully outlined digitally in the computer I could print it in any scale. So if your wanting one large but not quite full scale then I could work with you on that as well.

Anyways let me know what you guys think.

Sorry guys, I guess the printing place heard me wrong and thought the image was 48" x 48" instead of 48" x 155".

So there are a few options:
    First I can get it printed at kinkos for about 55$. Only problem is it would have to be in two pieces cause they can only print 36" wide. So the two pieces would have to be taped together to make the full image.

Second the other local place can print the full size in a few options:
    Heavy card stock paper for 230$ or in outdoor Vinyl for 285$

Sorry guys to get that inital price messed up. Anyone still interested?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. supervert

supervert

I would like a set. When I get done with my shop next summer I can put my new torchmate to work. Just let me know where to send the payment

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I'd be interested.
    Hmmm...I could paste one to the side of the neighbor's house and read the numbers with binoculars!

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have a shop big enough or a wall big enough but I might have to have one anyhow.

I've got the one that our fellow Hamber sells that is a piece of art in it's self and will be framed and on my office wall when ever I get an office with a big enough wall space.

5. dmc3113

dmc3113

Did you use the blueprint you bought from me a while back? Did it have many errors?

6. I have a set I got from you. HRP

7. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

I'd be interested

8. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

I would rather have a disc with the data on it. That way I could wait print it out myself at work. Did you draw it in autocad. The problem is that some people would start selling your work on ebay. I dont want to do any of that
    I just eant to mess around with it in autocad.

9. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I'll get them ordered and let you know, thanks.

I'll keep you in touch, thanks.

Sounds good, I'll let you know when they are ready.

Ya its of that blueprint. Nothing was off by much, just needed a little tweaking. All the measurements added up right, but the image needed to be adjusted very slightly so that it all lined up with the measurements.

I'll let you know once I have them here.

I'm wanting to keep the actual file here for exactly what you were saying. It took me quite a few hours to get this all figured out, mainly so that I would have it for my shop. But I don't want to be the only one that can benefit from it.

Thanks guys for the interest. Once I get them made I'll start a post in the classifieds section on how to purchase.

Here is a sample of what it will be: (of course it will have all the measurements when its printed.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

A friend of mine printed off a few full scale frame plans. I just need a place to hang it now!!!!

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'm interested. Are there options on what it could be printed on?

12. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I could talk to the printing company. But he said he had a heavy paper he would print it on.

There is another place that I could get it printed in something like a banner with rivets in all the corners. Something that would be a little more weather proof. I could check and see how much that would be.

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Durable stuff would be very good on something like this...I almost cannot imagine enough garage space to properly unfurl it, and think it would have to see lots of rolling and unrolling to get to the needed area. I currently have Deuce Daddy Don's excellent version which I think is 1/4 size, and I've never seen all of it at once!

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Mylar or Vellum would be rad. They're kinda see thru and have a durable surface that can almost be kept clean.

15. Put me down for the copies as well. Just tell me where to send the money. paypal works great for me.

16. OldKustoms

OldKustoms

I´m interested if it´s printed on durable material.
    Do you ship to Germany?
    Would it be possible to ship by UPS on my UPS account number?

Best regards
    Marcel

17. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

If you could price me a 1/4 scale Vinyl banner, that would be awesome, I could paypal you a deposit to let you know Im serious.. Thanks!

18. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

I would be interested in the overhead/top view, printed on a vinyl (?) banner with rivets....

19. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Yeah I could use a set as well, and paypal is the way to go for me to

20. Yeah, put me down for something good and durable with rivet holes, or,,,,,,,,,,,?

PM me your mailing addy. I don't use that pay-pal, (too many 'horror' stories) I use genuine, United States Postal Money Orders.

Thanks.

21. BELLM

BELLM

Wish someone would do one for a '34.

22. dmc3113

dmc3113

23. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I posted this up at the top post:

Sorry guys, I guess the printing place heard me wrong and thought the image was 48" x 48" instead of 48" x 155".

So there are a few options:
    First I can get it printed at kinkos for about 55$. Only problem is it would have to be in two pieces cause they can only print 36" wide. So the two pieces would have to be taped together to make the full image.

Second the other local place can print the full size in a few options:
    Heavy card stock paper for 230$ or in outdoor Vinyl for 285$

Let me know if that price is too much for you guys.

24. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I could do you a vinyl print here 1/4 scale size which would be 30" x 41" for around 75$. Let me know if your interested in that.

25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like "Saltflats" is SCAMMING my ad in classifieds!!!!
    1932 FOMOCO FRAME PRINTS 3 VIEWS & MEASUREMENTS.----Don

26. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have a set of Deuce Daddy Don's prints and they are nice.
    Here is his ad on the HAMB

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742755

27. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I'm not meaning to step on anyone's toes here. I only did the design for myself so that I could refine the drawing to be more accurate. That way I could have it in full scale so I could measure any point I needed. I just wondered if anyone else would like a full size print cause as far as I know no one sells one. I'm just trying to give some other people the opportunity to have this in full scale. My apologies.

28. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

But ... yours are NOT full scale either :) :)

29. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

That was just one guy wanting it smaller but on vinyl. What I originally offered was the full scale. :)

30. -Brent-

-Brent-

Respectfully, it doesn't sound like it, really. Yours are FoMoCo, his aren't.

Who made your drawings, you? No, FoMoCo. Plus, he was originally speaking about a full size print, which yours are not.

V8-m likes this.