Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Ford Rolling Chassis Questions

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cody49Ford, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Cody49Ford

Cody49Ford

Hey all im new here, curious because an opportunity has been given to me ...
    What would be the value of a 1932 Original Ford Frame/Rolling Chassis, w/ title as following..
    8BA mounts
    Fully Boxed front to rear
    Vega Steering Box
    Mono Leaf front/rear
    Custom adjustable rear links w/ heims to mount on the 9" included
    staggered height firestones mounted on powdercoated red 16" wheels
    and every single piece of the rolling chassis has been powdercoated charcoal grey..
    Sorry dont have pics to post right now.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Without photos it's hard to even guess,the better way is to tell us what youcan buy it for and your answers will come quicker. HRP

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Original and authentic sometimes get misused, so are the rails Ford factory items or reproduced new ones? Bob

4. Cody49Ford

Cody49Ford

I will try and get some photos soon, no they're not reproduction rails

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Check to be sure the title matches the number on the frame. The number should be 3 places on top of the left frame rail. Tell us what you find (use XXX for the last 3 digits if you don't want to give the whole number).

Charlie Stephens

6. Cody49Ford

Cody49Ford

B-5155xxx is on the bill of sale

7. That number was assigned to a 4 cylinder engine/transmission that passed inspection in September 1932. Note that the basic frames were the same for the 4 and the V8 engines. The engine/transmission was then shipped to the vehicle assembly line where the number was stamped into the frame in three places.

Charlie Stephens

Cody49Ford likes this.
  8. Cody49Ford

Cody49Ford

Thank you for the good info! I'll check the frame

9. $2,000-$2,500 for the chassis assuming the work was done properly. No mention of axles, brakes, radius rods, motor mounts, transmission mount or center cross member. More if they are present. Title about $500. Depends on your state and how hard it is to title a project. Wheels and tires $600. Powder coating is not worth much unless you like the color.

Cody49Ford likes this.
  10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Sounds like a basic chassis but original. If the boxing didn't warp the rails and was done correctly you have a SO-CAL like frame priced at $3K. In LA a stock chassis can bring $3-5K but if modified, the price goes down (boxing). The LARS had several this year ranging from cheap ($3k) to ridiculous prices ($12K). I just sold a new one I built for $5K and it had a title.

11. Cody49Ford

Cody49Ford

Thanks a bunch