Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 ford pickup frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, Sep 27, 2010.

1. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I want to build a frame for my 32 pickup but i have a couple questions
    1) are the picup and car frames the same?
    2) what is the best tubing to use 2x6 .120 etc.
    3) is wescotts the only place to get a template
    thanks

2. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

the answer to question number 1 as far as I know is yes. the car and truck frames in 32 where the same.

3. 97

search and ye shall receive

specifically search the tech section.........even google brings up the answers

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306987

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

If you want the pickup to LOOK like a 32 Ford pickup ... you will need a set of frame rails. IMHO ... box tubing looks like junk under a 32 ... unless you channel the body. The below photo shows a pickup that has been channeled over the frame ... hiding the frame ... with the body.

[​IMG]

This 32 pickup ( owned by fellow HAMB member Hotrodprimer ) is sitting on top of the frame and the beautiful ( to most ) 32 Ford frame rails are showing ( the way HENRY produced them :) )

[​IMG]

Deuce Daddy Don ( a nother HAMB member ) sells copies of the actual FORD frame blueprint for the 32 Ford chassis. :D

5. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

I have been told that the passenger car frame is different on the very front of the frame where it curves down. One has a different radius than the other. The source was a fellow that I am pretty sure owns at least one of each body style '32 ever made. My woodie has the truck chassis. I have never measured to verify, but I trust what he said. If you don't run fenders I don't suppose it'd make much difference.

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been in the chassis business for about 30 years and owned more than my share of deuces both car and truck. The 32 passenger and light truck frames will interchange. Unlike later year frames the 32 uses all the same holes for the fenders and boards and body holes.

7. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I have read the tech article.
    I dont want to just make some tubing frame rails i want them to match the original ford dimensions and put in the reveal i just want something to start with. I saw a guy on here that used 2x6 .120 and made a pretty nice set but i cant find the thread. i cant chanel the cab becuase im pressed for room as it is.

8. patman

patman

9. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

patman,
    that first thread was what i was looking for thanks.
    anyone use american stamping rails?

10. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

I made my own, had them lazer cut then am welding them together.

Attached Files:

11. Southfork

Southfork

Gary, or anyone else, which frame hole do the triangular brackets bolt to that attach the '32 pickup bed to the original '32 frame?

12. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

I have used ACS rails. I Like em.
    My recent project I used a set of rails from Riley. I am happy with them and Riley is a HAMB supporter that offers an Alliance discount.