Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Drag Car,.."Bonnie & Clyde", Please help with History !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jul 24, 2008.

1. While you guys are searching, see if you recognize my Fiat or can find more info on it.

Here it is at Union Grove 1968-1972
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZbEqA-N1ag&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZbEqA-N1ag&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here it is in my driveway.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fy5SRN96JSQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fy5SRN96JSQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. I saw Harry McAuliffe today at the PIR swap & he is still looking for info on the Bonnie and Clyde Car. He's trying to document the history of it. He was visiting a friend in Tacoma Wa. & they came to the swap.

He said it ran originally as a SBC and with his partner they ran it with a BBC in the Detroit area. The last he heard of it it was in the Chicago area or maybe Norwalk??

Harry at 73 is still as I've known him for 14 years but haven't seen him for 4 years. He's recovered from surgery & doing well. Great to see him again.

Movin/on

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Just thought you guys might like to see this, I was over to Harry's today and got some crappy cell phone pictures of the car,.. it cleaned up really nice, and I am really surprised at the great condition of the body !,...... He is collecting up the correct parts for the engine, (it's empty right now),........ enjoy

(sometime this summer I will try to get some good pictures)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Very Cool car. I saw it for sale at Carlisle a while back and wished I had the money to buy it. It had a sqweet stance with no motor in it I can only imagine How it will look all back together. Nice to see it is being brought back to what it is supposed to be and not street rodded.

6. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Harry has the coolest stuff:D:D:D

7. It is always good to see a car like this put back the way it was in its prime.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Still looking for all additional information on this cool old Deuce sedan........

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

One more bump !

10. I was wondering some time back if this ever went any farther as far as finding out any info on this great old hot rod.

11. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I just happened to run into this thread and I have info on this car and my friend Jerry Kracinski who built it. PM me if you're still the owner and I'll try to hook you up with Jerry.

12. Dusting off a 5-year-old thread. I plucked these pics from this year's GNRS coverage threads. Credit goes to the photographers, not me.

Unfortunately, The Bonnie & Clyde car was kinda hidden between the Orange Crate & a wicked '34 Ford coupe.

DSC_1730.jpg
    DSC_1734.jpg
    IMG_7964.JPG
    P1080922.JPG

13. Cool that it indeed has survived intact and not parted out or its' original ambiance destroyed.

kidcampbell71 and Just Gary like this.
  14. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Here it is running at the Billetproof Drags @ Toutle,Wa. last August. Robbie Davis (black shirt) Owner/Driver, and good guy ! IMG_3370.JPG IMG_3371.JPG IMG_3374.JPG IMG_3376.JPG IMG_3377.JPG

15. mopacltd

mopacltd

So cool to read this!

clem likes this.