Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 Chevy 5 window coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flyingtiger77, Mar 25, 2012.

1. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

Wow, so sorry to read about your friend. Its very sad when people think this is their best option (it never is).
    On the other hand, I look forward to hearing about your car. I am going thru the same process and will need to learn from everyone here.

Stogy and Six Ball like this.
  2. Flyingtiger77

Flyingtiger77
    from Sac,Ca

Thanks for you kind words. The project has been put on the back burner for a little while as I just bought a new house. I also have a 52' Chevy truck which I am going to finish up first. But I will tinker on it here and there and should be replacing the wood within 3-4 months.

Stogy and Six Ball like this.
  3. Thank You, for sharing the tragedy of your friend. As a person who suffers from clinical depression, it helps to be reminded what the friends and families go through. Unfortunately many people, especially men, never seek the help they so desperately need, and when you reach the point where you think that ending things is the only option, you have past the point of rational thought. To anybody out there that finds themselves thinking there are no options, talk to someone, even if it's online (Hey, we all belong to this HAMB family), or goes to a hospital. I know about putting the project on the back burner, but we'll all be waiting when you get back to it.:D

TFoch, Stogy and Six Ball like this.
  4. Vinman1

Vinman1
    from Cape Cod

Flying tiger,
    I am a newbie that saw your post from a while ago. Pic is of my 31 that I first saw at 14. My grandfather knew I loved Hot Rods, so he introduced me to his neighbor who had this car, which 40+ years later I own. It needed a motor which I put in last year, but frame was boxed, rack & pinion, 10 bolt, 4 wheel pwr disc, and 700R4 were all done.
    Hope you are enjoying yours too. Love the Chevys, I am always the only one at shows around my way!
    Cheers, Vinman1

Stogy, Six Ball and TFoch like this.
  5. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I agree about the selfish act tough they are beyond that when it matters. When my friend did that I cleaned up the mess so his family didn't have to see or deal with it. I owed him that.
    Good to have another old Chevy here. When you pull the wood please take care to preserve as much as possible especially the little pieces. They will come if handy for patterns for your metal and anything good enough to reuse or make a pattern from could help crazy people like me who are replacing wood. You should be able to pull the sheet metal off and leave the wood framing in tact.
    I also like the idea of building a six. Any trans that will bolt to your 282 will bolt to a 250/292. By carefully matching your parts you can build a 250 that will surprise a lot of folks and still be very thrifty. Think about power ant lower rpm and the right gears. It is not the same game as with a V8.

TFoch and Stogy like this.
  6. SS327

SS327

The OP hasn’t been back here since 2014. I doubt he’s coming back.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think this was finalized as a multi-carbed 6 banger black rolling Highboy masterpiece...pretty much like the Inspiration shared...is there room for another...sure, why not...

...Nope

1931 Chevy Coupe 3.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1931-chevy-5-window-coupe.680039/

:rolleyes:...this was his Inspiration it seems...not his build...I certainly thought of it as soon as I saw it...anyone know if he got it together?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    TFoch likes this.
  8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I remember drooling over that one at Billitproof in Antioch years ago. Perfect in every way.

Stogy likes this.