Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1914 Model T Ford roadster (SOLD)

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by spanglishkings, Feb 7, 2017.

1. spanglishkings

spanglishkings
    from Napa, CA

City: Napa

State: California
    Price: $14,000
    Up for sale is my 1914 Model T roadster. Car is bone stock with the exception of the muffler (late teens model) and the tail light. A fresh '14 engine was installed in 2009 and less than 100 miles have been put on it since.
    This roadster was in pieces and restored by my late father in 1965, under the tutelage of Wayne Stanfield in Oakland, CA. Dad toured with the car through the late 1970s, winning several awards, until it became too small for his growing family of four. It was then parked in his shop in Castro Valley, CA and only occasionally driven until the new motor was installed by he and I in 2009. Since then I have used it in parades and to play Santa Claus and deliver presents to family/friends on Christmas Eve.
    The T runs and drives beautifully. It has the usual chips and scratches that you would expect from an older restoration, especially on the wheels. The leather seat is free of tears and only shows wear on the driver-side arm rest. The wooden spoke wheels are in good shape with only one cracked spoke that I can see. The top was replaced in the early 90s. The gas lighting system is complete but has not been used since the 70s so no doubt will need all rubber lines replaced.
    In 2012 Dad had a "high performance" extra motor built for this T and I have it for sale as well. It has a hi-compression head, A crank, 14 block/late hogshead with a starter, 14 pedals.....I have the build sheet and receipts totaling $5600. I will part with both the T and the extra engine for $18,000.
    This was a tough decision to sell as it has been in the family for a long time. Both my parents as well as my wife and I used it as a part of our weddings. It truly is a great car, just not in my long term plans.
    Feel free to call with questions (707)280-8305 PST or email [email protected].
    Brian King

IMG_3532.JPG IMG_3533.JPG IMG_3534.JPG IMG_3535.JPG IMG_3536.JPG IMG_3537.JPG IMG_3543.JPG IMG_3544.JPG IMG_3545.JPG IMG_3546.JPG IMG_3547.JPG