Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Coachman Show '55

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Coachman Show '55

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Rolleiflex and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Is that because you relate more with the 'punk' kid that may/or may not have built it in shop class instead of ''real' custom shop?
    That 'James Dean effect' that all of us want, even to this day.

I bet you might even Jones for that "Feel Lucky Punk?" 44 mag moment?

3. Torchie

Torchie

That 55 is the true definition of a "Mild" custom. Looks like all he did was change the stance and add some full wheels covers. Could be he did it in the driveway of his parents house with money he saved working at the A&P down the street.
    But he was in a show with the heavy weights and man I bet he felt like a "bad ass punk." OR.....
    Since that 55 is in a 1955 Car Show it is a new car that some rich punks parents bought for him and he had a grease monkey do some quick mods to it and then he entered it in the show thinking he a "bad ass punk."
    It's your dream. You can see it any way you want. :)
    Torchie

Surfcityrocker likes this.
  4. It reminds me a bit of Sam's '56 Chevy
    [​IMG]

Tom McKean and kidcampbell71 like this.

5. That '55 is typical of the cars owned by the sons of wealthy dairymen. Bellflower, Norwalk and Downey were surrounded by dairies. Was a great time to be in So Cal.

6. Equally dreamy for me is the '55 olds It is pulling up to.
    I can see the differences in the roofs of these 2 cars.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  7. Torchie

Torchie

I like the Olds better. Looks like it had a "Dreamboat" in the front seat between the two guys.. :)
    Torchie

8. HRS

HRS

I've had the same feeling ever since I saw the footage of the Coachman show...something about the brief glimpse that just makes is mysterious.

I've watched the video many times just to spot a glimpse of the car. Thanks for makin it easy!

9. I like both of them but the Olds holds a special place in my heart. I bought my parents 55 Olds in the 60s. I was scorned for driving a 4 door but it was a great car. Later in the 70s I had a 55 bel air hardtop.
    scan0002.jpg

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

A few years ago I was in Omaha for the Berkshire Hathaway stockholders meeting and as I was pulling up to a light at 114th and Pacific,this blue deuce blows through a cherry orange light,but my position was such that I could follow it.In that 2 seconds,I fell in love.I felt like Terry the Toad in American Graffiti,wondering about the elusive A for that whole weekend.

11. catdad49

catdad49

Or the Blonde in the T-Bird!

12. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Stock, semi custom or even a full custom is the way we described them.