Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Odd But Compelling Choices...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 19, 2016.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Odd But Compelling Choices...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

HEMI32 likes this.
  2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

There was a time when I thought these were pretty "odd" looking.
    But I've gotten over it.
    Now what's the go'n price for 392's, hmmm!

[​IMG]

rudestude and scotty t like this.
  3. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Now that's a 3W......I have a 56 354 been sittin in the shop for years......

4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Two years ago I was in Northern California, Crescent City, and was told of a local junk yard I might like to see. High hopes and it held a few kool cars, but all the good cars were 'I'm gonna fix that one,,, and that one." but the one that was for sale was a 1961 Desoto wagon, OMG never had seen one. But it stayed there because the wet weather had turned the wagon into a full rust bucket, even the tops of the fenders had rusted through... Too Bad.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Kaisers were good street racers, too. Some locals with not much mechanical skill managed to hook a '55 Cad & hydro to a '53 (?) 4 door with an OD rear axle. It didn't have any other improvements, and just disappeared after a few weeks of scaring people who raced against it. It wouldn't go straight or stop.

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My oddball would be a 1942 Oldsmobile, love that awkward grill Olds 3 08 b.JPG

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  7. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I never cared for the '40/1 Oldsmobiles until I saw pics of the Eldon Gibson Sedan...
    [​IMG]

Just a subtle shave and chop make this otherwise stodgy sedan sleek, streamlined, and inviting.

Squablow likes this.
  8. Squablow

Squablow

Have been driving a '55 Packard since last year and am looking at making some mild custom mods to it since it needs some paint blend work anyway, but have found extremely few customized examples.

IMG_3810.JPG

9. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

^^^ Just needs a shave and a drop to look great. Maybe a '58 Buick Grille insert, or even a stainless tube affair to be even more compelling.

Can't imagine many were customized back in the day, since it was a pretty expensive and fairly uncommon car when new.