Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ◊◊◊◊◊Friday Art Show, 09-09-2016◊◊◊◊◊

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Pre-Hotrod Hill Climb art show as I hope to be there next week and won’t likely post...

reposts for now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Cruisin', Davkin, Jokem59 and 31 others like this.
  2. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

3. Wow! great start. Jigger and Bob. I started this one last night. I thought it would be cool to snap a picture of it, as it progresses . I like everything Art Deco. So this is a car I would build if I had the Time, Money, and the Talent to do so. That's one of the reasons why models cars, or just drawing cars, 003.jpg are so much fun. Ron...

Cruisin', oldsjoe, exartist and 12 others like this.

4. May have over did it, a little to busy? 013.jpg

Cruisin', Jokem59, 1-SHOT and 18 others like this.
  5. Bob, that piece could have spawned the name of a rock band back in the 60’s had things not ended so tragically on Pear Blossom Hwy in the Antelope Valley...
    James Dean and the Belvederes. Nice painting sir.

Thanks Ron, I dig that Deco Coupe. I was just mentioning that old theater the other day. Forget the name but remember it was used in album art and in the movie “Xanadu”
    A film I could not watch... too much glitter and disco music and men wearing tight poliester... the scrawny roller skate girls... not so bad...

6. I thought I would give the photo art a try too. this is one of my models. 021.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg

Cruisin', tierod, oldsjoe and 15 others like this.
  7. 009.jpg
    Jigger the funny thing is, I've never seen that album cover, or the movie.lol I got the idea from a building I built for my grandsons slot car set. And the entrance to the California Adventures at Disneyland.{ here is a picture of it.} I guess that it is art too. It was a clear piece of plastic, And I painted it flat gray, and put it on top of an old tin toy airport. It is part of 002.jpg our junkyard. ha ha Ron...

Cruisin', 36 ROKIT, tierod and 14 others like this.
  8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg Morning run done
    Acrylic and pen on canvas

9. Frogz

Frogz

10. GaryC.

GaryC.

A modern roadster Modern Roadster.png

Cruisin', pwschuh, Jokem59 and 23 others like this.
  11. I saw this concept, on the H.A.M.B. this week. Fell in love with it. But I thought it was to long for a two seated coupe. So I changed her a bit. I also like skirts. So I did my own take on her. 014.jpg

Cruisin', tierod, oldsjoe and 6 others like this.
  12. I found this Nash hood ornament at a swap meet for $10 bucks. I think she's Art. I put her under a lamp, and on one of my wife's flower vases. I can't decide which shot I like the best? 024.jpg 025.jpg

Cruisin', Jokem59, tierod and 14 others like this.
  13. Modern roadster? ..Ancient roadster... 160907\'T\'YPeril.jpg

Howdy team.

Sketched this fine '15 on Wednesday, in situ. Beautiful cloudless spring day, no wind 'till after sandwich & wine lunch.
    This 'T' was built by an expert Lizzie man. It has the right tweaks- I rode in it on dirt roads and now understand how these cars opened up the world- you could comfortably drive this car all day, on it's torquey little understressed engine.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Cruisin', Davkin, Jokem59 and 19 others like this.
  14. Another take on her. 030.jpg 032.jpg 031.jpg

Cruisin', 36 ROKIT, oldsjoe and 7 others like this.
  15. garage2small

garage2small

The sketch program on my phone is a better artist than I am! 2016-08-25 15.33.14.jpg 2016-08-25 14.10.45.jpg 2016-08-25 14.33.42.jpg

Cruisin', Jokem59, tierod and 15 others like this.
  16. This will be the last one from me, for this week. Sorry if I post too many. But this stuff is just a lot of FUN. I drew this one last week, but I didn't get it finished. It was a take on my chopped model A Hemi sedan, on 32 rails with a 32 grill. The biggest difference, is mind is a 30 not a 29. I like the 29s better, they are a bit more cartoon looking, with the pinched cowl. Thanks for all of your the post, and likes. Ron... 018.jpg

Cruisin', Davkin, Jokem59 and 19 others like this.
  17. kenmo

kenmo

Awesome....love them ALL...

Jigger and 55hdyman like this.
  18. kenmo

kenmo

Another classic work of art... You never cease to amaze me...

19. kenmo

kenmo

Old Warrior on Route #1 in Maine - (1940 Ford old race car)[​IMG]

20. kenmo

kenmo

1930 Model A Ford firetruck - 2016 Atlantic Nationals, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada - Saturday July 9th Centennial Park Moncton.

Camera: Nikon D7100 & Nikkor 18-105mm lens
    [​IMG]

21. The Pan-Pacific Auditorium

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Pacific_Auditorium

22. Zykotec

Zykotec

Some simple pen sketches of some different cars of very different eras. I really should try to spend more time drawing cars and not just talking about them.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. 53 Studebaker Commander in command at the strip

HAMB.jpg

24. Bob,...nice to see somebody take interest in the lowly 53-4 Plymouth, one of my favorite cars altho I've never owned one....here's a couple more Ply's...
    woodart wagons 8-13-14 013.jpg woodart wagons, etc 9=14 004.jpg

25. kool 52

kool 52

26. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

It has been probably 20 years since I cut linoleum block but I picked up a set of cutters fo a couple bucks at a gsrage sale this week.
    This is the sketch, Harolds is where I get to play every day.
    Hope to have the project done for next weeks show.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Everyone's hot this morning, turning out good stuff! Being that I'm in Myrtle Beach, where there's loads of golf courses, it's only natural to sketch this..... Untitledb m j.jpg

28. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Some B&W this week. DSC_9462.jpg

29. I don't know where to start today. Jigger, Wow. Bob, Love the Plymouth. And then it just goes on and on with great work. I absolutely love seeing what all of you can do. Thanks to all of you for making Fridays special.
    Later,
    Dick

Jigger and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.