Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 02-24-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
uptonogood
FNG

Default T Bucket Front Suspension Q&A

Im startin' ma' FAD T BUCKET Project very soon...Im gunna use a 7" drop tube axel from MAS PRODUCTS...I WANT TO RUN 14'S IN FRONT...WHATS A GOOD SPINDLE & HUB SET UP I CAN SCRAPE UP AT THE JUNK YARD...I SCORED A SWEET VEGA GT BOX FOR FREE & THATS IT...also I have heavy duty 9in 73 ford truck rear end in ma back yard would that work...or should I rob a LTD or Fairlane 9in! thanks....NO HOTROD SNOBS OR ASSHOLE ANSWERS Im just a po boy hotrod trash lookin' fer some suggestions...thanks!

up to no good

dickie flicks
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
plw
Grenade Inspector

Default Re: T Bucket Front Suspension Q&A

I don't know for sure but I think a 7" drop and 14" wheels is gonna put your oil pan on the ground, and that's with tires! Check Total Performance or Spirit Industries for a better idea of what you might use to come close to the look you're after without sacrificing that expensive oil pan!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
36-3window
Old School HAMBer

MAS axles are available to use `28-48 ford , `49-`54 chevy and `60-`66 econoline spindles..take your pick
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
23 bucket-t
Alliance Member

about 3 years ago I put a new front-end on my 23 t bucket from Total Performance w/ T P spindles, and Wilwood break kit. If you are going to put a front axle on your 23 go with a 27 front axle it is a bit longer and it makes it a little easier to puton the bolt on hydraulic shock kit that will give you a better ride and gives you a little bit more room to put them on , the hydraulic are much better than the friction shocks. here is the web-site for Total Performance. www.tbuckets.com or www.tperformance.com good luck
" Rule #62. Don't take yourself too damn seriously."
Old 02-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
forsakenfew

hey airbus, good luck with that
Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
brandon
Old School HAMBer

Talking Re: T Bucket Front Suspension Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by plw
I don't know for sure but I think a 7" drop and 14" wheels is gonna put your oil pan on the ground, and that's with tires!

nah ....you just raise the motor.....now on the other hand ....from personal experience with a 6" drop axle under my t with 15" wheels....the bottom of the hairpin brackets on the axle will be REAL close to the ground.....probably less than 3" .....something to think about......could be interesting if you catch , say a man hole cover ....or dead rodent......brandon
Old 02-25-2006, 02:45 AM   #7
dodgerodder

Oil-pan clearance is easy to fix, but as Brandon said, your hairpin brackets, and your front axle will be only a few inches off the ground with 14" front rims and a 7" dropped axle.

It is way too easy to make a suicide front-end low without needed a mega-drop front axle. The way that you build your front spring-perch can put you plenty low with a 2-3" dropped axle, or a stock axle for that matter.

Do a search here under "suicide", and you will find plenty of posts for ideas on the subject. Good luck on your project

Last edited by dodgerodder; 02-25-2006 at 01:22 PM.