Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falcon Kustom... slowly, but surely coming along

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LaGrasta, Jan 23, 2006.

1. radiused doors & trunk, Mercury front bumper, shaved handles & trim, cowl, body seams

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

Very Nice !!!!!!

keith

3. burger

burger

That Merc front bumper fits the car really well! What year Merc? Did you have to modify it?

Anyway, nice looking car!

Ed

4. Very nice car. I can't wait to see the finished grill.

5. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I love oddball stuff you don't see everyday. Looks killer

[​IMG]

6. definitely one of the best looking falcons i've seen!!!!

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

looks good. let us in on the bumper. my guess is a 63 comet. let me know.:cool:

8. rbroadster

rbroadster

I absolutely LOVE this car!!

Great job!

9. evilgenius

evilgenius

goddamn. that's hott. what's the story on those wheel center caps?

10. Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. This month marks the third year anniversery since starting this car. It's been hard because it's a daily driver and I only have a one car garage with a wicked association that hates me for building this thing in their "planned community". I can't wait to buy a house one day.
    The bumper is off a 63 Comet and although I thought it would just bolt on, I had to cut it up like crazy. I even destroyed the chrome work. I'll have it rechromed again later. The Comet's fenders are an estimated 6" less wide over all. I thought "flattening" the front of the bumper would have been enough to push out the wrap around sides, but it wasn't. The end result though makes me happy. I always thought the original front Falcon bumpers looked like 4x4 hanging off the front of the car. Wrapping it around the sides of the fender gives it a more finished look, I believe.
    The knock offs are spinners from Wheels of Steel in Visalia, Ca. Moon Eyes are selling them now too. I've got bullet lugs and 2" trim rings on flat black 14"steelies.

11. looking good. i remember when you got that car. needs a rickyracer hood tm.

[​IMG]

12. Movinman

Movinman

Good looking Falcon. You're doing a hell of a job with it.

13. Beauty...Nice Car. I've always had a soft spot for Falcon's. Let's see the grill when it's in....

14. TENSIONER

TENSIONER
    from SEATTLE

what color and brand of paint is that, its sick! i dig the car man, nice job!

15. I have a long history with these cars. You're doing well.

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very nice. I love the rounded Falcons !!!

17. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Looks good but it could be a hell of lot lower!:D
    What are your plans for the grille?

18. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

car really is nice . i am a member of the falcon club. i'll bet they would like to see a pic of this. I have a 63 conv. good job,jim.

19. yonausti

yonausti
    from SoCal

really like what you have done with it so far. I have a 62 Futura and added the 59 Caddy lights to mine as well...amazing how well they fit. glad to see someone else figured it out too.

keep up the good work and add more pics when you get the chance.

DW

20. Am I the only one that dosen't see any pictures?

21. Thanks everyone. I always liked the round body Falcons and had only owned a round body Ranchero in the past. When I finally went looking for a car to do, I was priced out of all the chopped 49 Chevy and 53 Studes that I originally intended to get. Mind you, this is a daily driver project so mpg and drive train was important.
    Back to the Falcon... affordable and parts from the Mustangs fit and are readily available. It just seem to work for what I wanted. Then I found out for the latter part of 63, the roof line was 2" lower with no door post. That was perfect for what I wanted to do.
    I was all over with paint color, then kept seeing Saturns driving around with this wicked lime color. Turns out they only used it in 2004 because it didn't sell. I used a flat clear instead of gloss and flaked the roof silver with monster flake.
    The only way I could lower it any more is to lose the suspension altogether or bag it. Gimmie some time and money and I may very well have it bagged. For now, I still have to finish out the interior, white tuck and roll. I wanted Zodiac vinyl for the longest time, but the sun just kills it so fast. White will work just fine.

22. I'm not seeing them either.

23. 53chieftian

53chieftian

nor am I

24. doctorj928

doctorj928
    from spokane wa

sweet car man i just saw it on the falcon board i love what you have done to it i hope to get on my falcon someday i just have to finish the present project

jeff

25. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

I too see only the cursed RED X , please post pictures again,
    Thanks
    G

26. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

Bandwidth exceeded.....y'all looked at it too much...:( As luck would have it, I may be getting a '61 Falcon Tudor Longroof from Oklahoma in a couple of months and was just going to ask for pics of custom roundbodies. I'll start a separate post about 'em tomorrow.

27. bigrig

bigrig
    from miami,fl

for those of you that can't see the pics, just hit the refresh button on your screen and they will pop right up. it's worth it-trust me the pics are really worth it. nice work man! keep us posted.

28. The feedback is great. Between this site and two other Falcon sites, I received a surprising amount. Thank you all so much for the kind words. Sorry about the pic problem. I'm not sure what happened. They shouild be working now.
    A lot of people are e-mailing me about bagging it. Bags would be nice. Maybe down the road that will happen. I wish I could team up with some "friends" in a shop over a weekend and knock out the bags. For me to do it on my own would require more of a garage than I have right now. Maybe a magazine will do a story on "How to Bag a Bird!" and use mine for the story.

29. rbroadster

rbroadster

Grasta,

Man, I just cannot stop looking at these pics!!

Your car is sick!

About the rear lights, can you explain how you went about mounting the '59 caddy lenses to the Falcon?

I have a '63 Galaxie longroof and I'd like to try this look out as well.

Thanks. Again, GREAT ride.

30. STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!!
    Now I won't be able to get one cheap anymore cause you are exposing the truth that Falcons CAN rise above their meager beginnings to become a sick little custom!