Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Speedway frames for 27 roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Peelout30, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Peelout30

Peelout30
    from Missouri

has anyone used one of speedways frames (I know I promise I wont crossbreed a sb chevy) with a stock 27 t roadster body, they stretch their 27 bodies so wondering what has worked for u guys

thanks

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. Peelout30

Peelout30
    from Missouri

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've never used one but looking at them in the catalog there isn't much not to like about them. They are a simple ladder design, not much to go wrong with there, and they come with brackets so you can add various suspension components as you go along.

A lot of people look down on any off the shelf frame setup like this, but I don't. Not everyone has all the fabricating and welding equipment or skills to build a car from scratch and setups like these are a great way for them to get a car up and running without all of that. Same with Total Performance cars, there would be very few buckets on the road if Mickey hadn't put together a kit for the masses.

If it fits your needs go for it, and don't even sweat the sbc thing either. :)

Don

4. Peelout30

Peelout30
    from Missouri

Thanks Don, I got a move coming up and have to build a garage at new place so trying to shave some time off getting a car on the road

5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Their bare frames are pretty simple. Though they don't have a transverse leaf provision unless you get the "Traditional T Frame" from them, which is for their 23 style body. That is however the only one I see that has measurements, so take a look at those and see if they will work for your application; compare them to the stock frame. I don't think the basic frames have any mounting holes or tabs.

By the time you're done ordering, the price goes up about another $240 for shipping, so keep that in mind if this is a budget driven consideration.

6. I agree with Don. Sometimes these frames are just the ticket for a build. I have not heard anything bad about the SPEEDWAY frames,and have seen several guys around at events that are using them! Mikey.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I will tell you about the same as the others, but, I am not aware that Speedway stretches their '27 style body at all. In my opinion, their frames build a car that is a bit long wheelbase wise for MY tastes, but you aren't building the car for me. The other thing, if I was building that frame, Mine would be done out of 2X3 by 3/16 wall stock. The 1 1/2X3 1/8" wall is just a bit light for the length of the main rails, and I have seen these frame flex a bit more than I would be happy with. Again, you aren't building a car for me, so my opinions are what they are.

8. Peelout30

Peelout30
    from Missouri

Thanks guys for all the info

9. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

32 frame... Much better looking car..