Register now to get rid of these ads!

******Pic's of my 27 T-modified*******

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Jan 10, 2006.

1. A Boner

A Boner

DSC00310.JPG DSC00302.JPG
    Here are some pic's of the T-modified that I built with a lot of help from my friends, especially Wes and Bill. The only things that were farmed out were the nickel plating (I polished it first) and the windshield glass (I helped with the installation) and some lazer cut brackets, that Wes designed. I also farmed out the quick change set-up. The paint, is a black lacquer driveway job and the upholstery was sewn by my wife Pat, on a rummage sale industrial machine, after I cut up an old leather couch and made the patterns.

.........................................................................................................
    on a quiet night.................................................you can hear a FORD rust

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

3. Mootz

Mootz

Wowee! She's a real looker.

Mootz

4. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

WOW!!! Very nice!

5. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

That is awsome. I love nickel plate.

6. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

that thing is double throwdown bad!

7. plw

plw

Very nice....anymore pics and details. I'd like to see more interior shots.

8. QQMOON

QQMOON

Very nice you should have "a boner" cool car man congratulations :)

9. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

I like it alot! Whats the wheel and tire combo? John

10. Very nice!

I'm doing a 26-27 modified too, can we get a few more detail shots of the suspension?

11. new2u

new2u
    from Okla

Yes, please more pics of the suspension and interior, specifically the doors/hinges/latches and the front suspension.:)

12. len_m

len_m
    from wpg,can

good job..i love it. there's only 1 thing i would change about it.. i would remove the hood sides, or add a hood. to me it looks a lil funny with just the sides and no hood.. but thats just a minor detail other then that wicked car

13. A Boner

A Boner

DSC00047.JPG DSC00309.JPG
    Thanks for all the nice comments.............
    The floor is like a belly pan, it hangs down 5" below the bottom of the 2"x4" side rails. The floor goes under the TH350 trans. The seat riser on the pass. side is an approx. 8 gal s.s. gas tank. The engine is a small block, with a mild cam and gear drive. That along with the halibrand Q.C. makes some sweet noise. With ear plugs, it sounds just fine! Instead of a door, we use the Q.C. as a step to get in, which works out real well. The seat cushions fit in garbage bags, in case of rain. So far we have put the cushions in the garbage bags twice, but didn't need them, because it ended up only sprinkling. Here are some more pic's, one of the interior, and the other showing how you sit IN the car, not on the car, as I'm 6' tall.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  14. LongT

LongT

VERRRY NICE!!! Boat loads of talent, ingenuity and craftsmanship!Bill

15. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Really understated, really sharp. Looks awesome.

Cris

16. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Really sharp man... I love it... I think I know what I am gonna be starting to build this summer!! a T-modified sounds good to me.. thanks... my buddy had been suggesting to build one, but until now, I haven't seen one that strikes my fancy, now I know that they can look cool.. thanks alot!!

17. 53chieftian

53chieftian

I bet changin that tranny fluid is a bitch!:D Nice car!

18. Clark

Clark

Nice car!!!! I like the way you sit low in the car! That's the way I like it!
    Clark

19. burger

burger

kinda lame question, but what's the air cleaner? me likey.

thanks,
    ed

20. A Boner

A Boner

The front end is a sucide style spring over the axle, with adjustable perches.
    The rear is a 3-bar plus panhard bar....Two out side bars, run from the frame rails back to bottom of the rear axle, and the upper bar goes from the center section of the rear end, to the trans. mount crossmember (it runs next to the drive shaft, in the tunnel).
    The panhard bar runs side to side like normal.
    The rear spring is a model "A", mounted with model "T" adj. spring perches on top of the axle tubes.
    The wheels are 15"x5"and 7".
    Tires are 15" coker Ribs in front and the rear are 29" tall 7:00x15" Nanco LT truck tires from Farm&fleet. (a little stiff, but not too bad, and the price was right).
    The lack of a hood top is part of the plan to get some of the heat out of the cockpit, with the transmission in the cockpit!...It seems to work real well. At high noon, the most brutal heat comes from the sun beating down, and in the evening with a t-shirt on, at 70 degrees and 60 mph, it couldn't feel better. At 50 degrees, it isn't too bad with a coat and hat. Maybe I should install a hood top...it might be good for 30 degrees then.
    The small battery can just be seen in the interior shot, at the very right, mounted off of the cowl hoops. It is out of a portable starting unit, and works real well.....(UPDATE) has been changed to a Harley Sportster battery.
    The shifter is mounted just below the dash, and shifts L-R. It operates with a cable from a boat supplier. We did that to make it easier to get in and out of the car.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    thintin likes this.
  21. AHotRod

AHotRod

That is a beautiful and bitch'n roadster you have.

22. A Boner

A Boner

It's a very early MQQN item............................. really it is made from a old sand cast cooking pan, that when I spotted it at a thrift store, looked like a very early MQQN air cleaner. All it needed was 10 hrs. of screwing with. :)

23. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Nice job...cool mod!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

25. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

This is a great car! It has tons of great details, Its always a good day when I see it blaze past the shop!

You should show some pics with the cordoba wheels those are neat too.....

A Boner likes this.
  26. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

...and, how about some pics of the motor?

pigpen

27. 3bytheknee

3bytheknee
    from Sonora, CA

Sweet!! That's a first class job a boner.

28. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Very very nice, Now thats what Im talking about!! What did U use for the frame? any detailed pics of the frame with the body off?

29. A Boner

A Boner

MVC-010F.JPG MVC-011F.JPG
    Here are some pic's of the chassis, under construction. The frame rails are 2"x4"- 1/8" wall tube, Pie cut through 3-sides to follow the contour of the body.

The wheels on this pic are 6"x15" 1970's Chrysler Cordoba from the junk yard.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015