Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech Week: Guide for B-model Stromberg carbs (AussieTech)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harv, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

Ladies and Gents,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place - it got deleted last time round. The link below contains a document I've written that gives some good guidance for BX Stromberg carbs (eg BXOV1). These were very common on Australian early Holdens.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68315221/Carburettor-Guide

The document is a little Aussie-centric, but the general material on tuning, linkages etc is not bad for our mates across the pond :).

Cheers,
    Harv (deputy apprentice Stromberg fiddler).

2. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

The only problem I see here, is that you have to subscribe to a pay service to look at the guide. Could this possibly be SPAM?:confused:

3. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

Definitely not spam. The SCRIBD site should be free to use - there have been around 15,000 views of the various Guides I wrote, mainly by the various early Holden clubs.

Happy to post the document somewhere easier to access if it helps - any suggestions? Its a fair size though - runs to 16MB and about 150 pages (lots of photos :D), which is why I didn't cut-and-paste to the forum direct.

Cheers,
    Harv

4. Looks like good information. I had no trouble viewing it on the site but can't download it without subscribing. I'm just guessing here... but possibly you could zip it and post it.

5. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

Just tried to zip and post the file... computer refuses to upload it (working on a remote location with pretty low bandwidth).

The zipped file is 5.3MB - can probably email it to someone if they are happy to post it on my behalf.

Cheers,
    Harv