Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 lincoln capri

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 01freeman, Nov 25, 2013.

1. 01freeman

01freeman
    from Michigan

Just picked up 3 1955 lincoln capri's. I was wondering if anyone on here has customized any. Id love to see your pics of any 55 Lincoln's. Let me know your thoughts of these cars. What works, what doesnt. Im looking to upgrade the brakes what do you suggest. Also what different control arms or other heavy duty suspension upgrades work on these cars to improve handling.

2. squeaky32

squeaky32

this is my 54, similar body, 4" chop, nosed, decked, shaved, skirted and lowered. 56 olds headlight bezels look good on them. the front suspension was pretty advanced for its time, maybe see if you can piece together one setup from the 3 and keep it with just some areostar springs to lower.

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and moefuzz like this.
  3. hudson48

hudson48

4. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Not mine,but its from my neighborhood.I shot these pics from the show we organized at last summer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and moefuzz like this.

5. 01freeman

01freeman
    from Michigan

Love the looks of these cars. Does anyone else have any other 1955 Lincoln Capri Photos or build stories

6. Razorback1999

Razorback1999

In the process of trying to get my 55 4 door going it rough but I like the look of the rust, the owner before me shaved door handles. All side glass is missing and the tail lights are broke and having a hard time trying to convince my self to pay $130 a light for em. Also trying to up grade the brakes to dual power but running in to problems on getting it to work right. Any help would be great. I'm getting ready to throw in the towel

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

8. smoothie51

smoothie51

I need a set of 55 Lincoln headlight bezels (with chrome trim inner rings) -- would you sell me a set? Thanks.
    My email is [email protected]

9. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Like the cars, but that Turbo-drive (heavy duty Furdomatic) must go in favor of 52-54 Lincoln hydramatic.

10. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

I knop this is an old thread! The '54-'57 Lincolns came with 12" brakes & from '52-'57, one of the strongest 'A'-arm suspensions made(they were good enough that Checker bought the rights from Ford to use them in their Taxi-cabs!!!) Unless you were going Road-Racing , there should be no reason to change your suspension/brakes, other than making sure they were in good condition.

11. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Except for the fact that you'll pay around 1200$ for a set of rebuilt ball joints for it!