Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guess who's coming to lunch?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. How lucky are you to have enough car minded co-workers to do a show? If I did that it would be one 38 Chevy coupe and a line of Toyotas with maybe a diesel truck or two.

3. ChefMike

ChefMike

thats very cool and have to agree with Dan on having enough car minded co- workers!

4. i just hate some people...i hope you all have a good time. we do a car show hear at work once or twice a year. due to previously being on an off site location i could not attend. i will be checking it out this year.

5. seatex

seatex

the Niecamp............................awwwwwgggglllllfff drool, drool, droooooooool

6. the-rodster

the-rodster

VERY cool!

Will they let you sit in it and make vroom vroom sounds?

Rich

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool indeed but it didn't happen if we don't get to see the photos.

8. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Very cool!

Maybe they are looking for you guys to bring that car to life in a certain series of movies?

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Lucky. How do I get a job?

10. Jive-Bomber Jay -

Very cool! ... I'm very jealous as the "Bill Niekamp Roadster" is my all time favorite '29 Roadster (the "Dick Flint Roadster" is a close second)!

Be sure to take lots of pics and/or video and share them with us here on the H.A.M.B.!

For those HAMBers that are not aware, Jay works at PIXAR Animation Studios in Emeryville, CA ... and this "employee car show" is called the "PIXAR MOTORAMA".

Here's a couple video clips with footage from past PIXAR MOTORAMA events:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  11. autobilly

autobilly

I'd like to see that, educate the kiddies.
    Congrats on the coup!

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You sly dog you. Always knew you were cool, Jay, but goddamn, I had no idea until Todd here (HEMI32) blew your cover . . .

You can say that again.
    As our good buddy Travis (zibo) would say . . . Holey Chit!
    (thanks Todd, you never cease to amaze me with what it looks like from where you sit).

14. rld14

rld14

Oh man is that cool or what?

I can't wait to see pics!

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ya know what I really hate you for posting this. "oh I am having like the best party with all the coolest people.....and well you're not invited so don't bother asking". Thanks a lot Jay, you rot.

ps take lots of pics.

16. Being a "Sporty Car" kinda guy, track nose roadsters are "it" for me. Having seen this car, at The Peterson or Pamona??, I understand how special it is. You must pinch yourself allot, when no one is looking.:p
    Only excitement we get at work, is when a new Firetruck or police car shows up.
    Thanks for sharing.
    JT

BTW...
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
    Confucius :cool:

17. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

JJ- I totally hesitated on posting this for fear of of it sounding exactly that way. :rolleyes:
    In the end, I figured it was still worth sharing, and it was too darn exciting not to! ha ha...
    :D

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn! That car is the beginning and end for me! I remember being a little kid and reading about Jake putting it together in Rod&Custom and wondering why it didn't look like my dad's T-buckets. That's where the whole traditional car thing started for me, and I really wasn't too much more than a walking talking embryo...

After a career doing this stuff for, well ever, and having my work grace some of the top cars of the last couple of decades, I finally saw the NieKamp car in the flesh at LARS last month. How I let seeing this car for real elude me for all these years is completely beyond me, but I damn near had a religious experience standing right there by the back restrooms in the exhibitor's hall. It was worth it...

19. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Thanks. Now I'm gonna have that damn Hall and Oates song in my head all night.

20. autobilly

autobilly

Todd has lived a well documented life of Hot Rodding.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308793 post #16.

21. rockfish

rockfish

Sounds like more than some poorly run Mickey Mouse car show. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

22. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Never thought being in the work force could be considered lucky? Always thought the lucky guys were retired! ;)

23. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know if is still done, but the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory's employee association used to sponsor a vehicle show. They always got a good turn out of about 50 vehicles (cars, trucks, bikes), in a variety of new and old, and stock and restored and street rods. For those in the San Francisco east bay area check it out. Probably described in their web site. Open to the public.

(o{}o)