Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models 7/7/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Jul 7, 2013.

1. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Could not find a Sunday Models thread yet so ill start. Anyway I finished this 70 Chevelle ss super street drag car like this Holden Monaro as seen at the Adelaide drags back in the 70s or 80s.

Attached Files:

2. fat141

fat141

Looks tuff mate.
    Rod

3. Ognib

Ognib
    from Mo

Dipstick for the 1:8 flattie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

That 1/8th stuff is krazy. Nice work on that race car your building Ognib.

5. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

You'll have to forgive me, I cant remeber what I post on here. So If I shown this before, sorry.

Started with this.
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

And ended with this.
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

I built this car about 7 yr ago. Took "Koolest kustom" at the back to the beach carshow in Ventura CA in 08

6. That's John Sawka's Monaro Dude. High- winding small block Chev from Sawka himself- the 'Small Block Chef'.
    Probably the toughest small block on Adelaide streets for some time in the mid- seventies.

7. Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

Nice work, Ognib. 1/8 scale is where it's at for fine details like this. A dip stick mount would be nothing more that a dot on a 1/24th scale model. I admire those that can build in that small scale, because I can't, but I really think an 1/8 scale car looks more real (in most cases) because of the details that can be made.

8. Ognib

Ognib
    from Mo

Thanks, guys.

Sprinter, the potential for greater detail is the thing I like about the large scale as well...just more room to work & ultimate realism is what draws me to modeling.

9. Deuces

Deuces

A friend down in Fla. taught me allot about adding detail to those 1/8 scale kits... He goes be the name of Grampa Mcgurk... Hell of a nice guy...:D:rolleyes:
    Hey Don.. If your reading this, jump on in an' say hello..:)

10. froghawk

froghawk

Nice work, guys! Ognib, love those little details for the big scale cars. 30FordNerd, the Chevelle looks great. You guys in Oz need somebody to kit up all those cool Holdens and stuff you've got down there.

Here's an original 1958 kit from AMT's SMP division of a '58 Impala ragtop I did some work to recently. Adapted a '61 Ford up-top that'll somewhat hide the crude interior and replace the original boot cover that overlapped onto the decklid. New plating on the original bumpers which've had their moldlines cleaned up and fit tweaked a bit. Lowered on later issue AMT wheels and tires with Lancer caps from a 1960-vintage AMT kit. Probably going to be a Watson-style mild custom.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. philo426

philo426

12. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Here's my Galaxie that I rebuilt ( it was your typical youngster built gluebomb ) from an original '59 AMT kit . I picked it up fro e-Bay a few years ago .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Deuces

Deuces

Hey Freak.. Good morning bud!..:D
    How about showing these guys what a great job you did on the '53 F-100.. Including a couple of engine shots... Thank you!..:)

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice detail. I'm a big fan of the larger scales, as you can do all kinds of stuff like this. I know some folks can do it in 1/24, but I'm so old I can't see parts that small now! I put real oil in a 1/24 motor once, and you could actually check it with a dip stick. But if you are going to get that crazy, be sure you seal the pan well as you build up the engine block. Can't wait to see more... Gary

15. Ognib

Ognib
    from Mo

gnichols, thanks.
    Not only seeing the detail, but handling such small parts.
    I dropped the mounting plate for the dipstick on the floor & took me several minutes to locate it, after the bounce. :rolleyes:

Added the driver side header over the dipstick.
    Also got a 4spd trans for it, cut the old trans off & modding the bellhousing to add it to the engine.
    Still some detail work to do on it before painting again.
    Added a steel rod for the clutch cross shaft, as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  16. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Good Morning ! Great looking work today guys . I really like the way that '58 Impala is going !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. henryj429

henryj429

My son asked me to post some pics of his latest built. He's 11. he painted the car with House of Kolor Shimrin Kandy orange that I had left over from one of my projects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ognib

Ognib
    from Mo

Froghawk, that's a nice looking 58.
    That year's always been one of my favs.
    I remember in about '64, or so, chev dealer close to me had a trade-in 58 impala with 348, tri-power & 4 spd.
    White with red interior like the amer graffiti 58.
    I was sick with lust for that car, but still in high school & somewhat short on cash for such a purchase.

19. Love the Suzia K6

20. froghawk

froghawk

FordFreak, I really like that old style build on the '59 Ford and your '53 F-100 (Love the way you replicated the box art!) I'd love to find an early issue of the pickup kit I could afford, or even just a set of those wheel covers.

I've got two '59 Fords in my project stash. A ragtop and a non-Galaxie Fairlane 500 Club Victoria conversion (using a '59 Edsel roof.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. Ognib

Ognib
    from Mo

I also post on the model car magazine forum & I think I've seen the name Grampa Mcgurk over there.
    Same gentleman?

22. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I'm lovin that '58 so far. I dug out some un built models I have from when I was a kid and has been meaning to get back into it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Ognib

Ognib
    from Mo

Gettin' there. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. froghawk, man you do awesome work cant wait to see the 58 chevy and 59 ford when thier done

25. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Hey, I'm sure you are wanting to show off your skills.
    Jump in there with some, Deuces.
    Don't be shy.

26. Hacker Joe

Hacker Joe

first time posting any of my work on here so......

built this off of some pics of Garlits 65-66 chassis, its 1/24 scale and all brass

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it is going to be done as a jr. fuel car with a injected 392, short chute pack body

27. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

28. rooman

rooman

I can remember back in the early 80's when John drove it to Sydney (900 miles), swapped the rear end and added slicks and ran 11.60 with it and then drove it home again.

Roo

29. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Me an' him go back aways...
    Tell him I said howdy!.. Thanks..

30. Deuces

Deuces

Lookin' good!...:)