Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Jalopy Journal Interview with Chip. Final Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Great piece. I'd love to have the deep pockets to give him a blank slate on a car and allow him to create something special.

3. Knowing Bobby Walden and Jimmy White,I think it's pretty cool to have Chip call them out as being inpressed by their work. Coming from a guy, who it seems,has access to build anything he wants. Cole Foster is another guy who pushes the boundries with his builds. You have to admit....Troy Ladd needs to be added to that list also.

Wouldn't it be great to see a traditional style Roadster built by Chip,and have him DRIVE it to Mooneyes or Ventura Nats?

4. Excellent interview. Thanks.

5. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Another great installment of the interview. I remember getting the mag with his Dad's '47 Ford when it came out. I stared at that thing for days, because there wasn't much else like it at the time. Cool stuff! Thanks for more insight into the physique of Mr. Foose!

6. truckjim

truckjim

Me too. Me too.....

7. hoodprop

hoodprop

This is got to be on of my favorite cars by Chip Foose. I have the the street rodder issue it was in. Had got it sign by Chip Foose also. I have had the chance to meet him twice. Really humble and easy going guy.

8. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Big thanks to you and chip for doing the interview, i really enjoyed it...

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

“Newstalgia”. I think I like that word.

10. rockfish

rockfish

Very enjoyable reading. Thanks to you and Chip Foose for taking the time to make it happen.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome stuff Jay! I spy the Miller Streamliner behind Sam Fooses Ford don't I?

Guys a wealth of inspiration that's for sure.

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Chip Foose has always been one of my role models when it comes to using cars as a way to serve others.. When you say "kind," that word is literally not strong enough to describe his genuine passion for helping other people.

I think it's particularly cool how he recognizes the little guys who have come a long ways since the beginning. He names some of the guys who started with almost nothing and now are household names in the rodding community. Yeah, he may play with big wheels, but we could all learn a thing or two from him. One of the most humble guys ever too, considering how famous he has become.

I was surprised to see a third part of the interview with Chip. Quite a pleasant surprise! Thanks Jay!

13. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks for the third installment. It really puts many things about Chip in perspective. I remember seeing his Dad's Ford with different caps and minus the skirts. I think it looks cool both ways and it's great that it's back in the family. Excellent job, Carp

14. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

good interview Jay

15. I too dug his dads car when I saw it in print. Neat that he mentions Jimmy, Bobby and Cole!

16. autobilly

autobilly

Interesting, illuminating and enjoyable. I for one will be paying more attention to a man that I had not really given much consideration before.

17. Firepower71

Firepower71
    from Atlanta

great stuff, thanks for bringing this to the HAMB. it's a great discussion.

18. Great interview!

19. flamingokid

flamingokid

Man,if I had spent that much time talking kustoms with Chip Foose,I'd have died gone to heaven.You're one lucky guy.

20. oddcraig

oddcraig

Thanks again Jay have enjoyed reading this installment like the others!

21. Doesn't Chip lurk here once in a while?

Seems to me that he heard about us from Detroit Autorama's basement follies!

22. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

23. Great three-part interview Jay! Thanks for taking the time to interview Chip and share it with everyone here on the H.A.M.B.

24. oldthudman

oldthudman

Most of Foose's builds are gorgeous.........However the one shown above (P-32), well, I just don't get.......

Love the Foose Deuce....

[​IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  25. farmer12

farmer12

Just read the great article. He's certainly one humble guy. I was lucky enough to meet and talk to him for about 30 minutes last year and he's certainly left a lasting impression. Thanks for the interview.

Attached Files: