Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 coe ford new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dondogarage, Jun 16, 2013.

1. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

today is fathers day you get to do what you want. So I started a new project. Friday got this truck out of the weeds. Got it home started on the donor truck today. Lots of hard work tearing the donor apart.will be asking ? aS I go along. I know I will need help with ideas so be ready to help.The donor is a1987 ford 350 diesel. No title for the coe have a title for the donor. thought I might try to get a title for a 1954 ford p/u what do you guys think. I will need hood trim is available repop or will I need to find used.

Attached Files:

2. xtremek

xtremek

3. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

4. kscarguy

kscarguy

Love that body style. I hope you consider slamming that baby as low as you can.

5. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

Got the body off the donor today. put new glow plugs.hot wired it started right up.Made appointment to get the 54 blasted with aluminum oxid. dont know much about that hope that all works out ok. will be looking for f 600 hood trim. Going to hot water pressure wash the donor motor and chassie tomarrow

6. kscarguy

kscarguy

Make sure it is someone who is highly experienced and really knows what they are doing or you might get a warped body back.

7. kscarguy

kscarguy

8. thats the same truck............. or same photo anyway....

9. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

I thought I removed the adds.no interest and after reading hamb I decited to start a new project. I went to the sand blasters today will get it back tomarrow. they said I need to get paint on it soon. what paint should I use. Will post pic. tomarrow

10. kscarguy

kscarguy

Clean it good (blow out all the dirt and dust, (leaf blower and air nozzle, but beware of moisture from the compressor and wear a respirator and face sheild, grit in the eyes hurts), wipe it down and then shoot it with epoxy primer. Do a panel at a time if need be.

11. I have some title info, PM me.

Lee

12. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

Got coe back today looks nice. Will post picture Sunday. Blow all the sand out what a mess.Got a gallon of shop line epoxy was going to paint tomarrow but just decited to go to road rockets show. Body is not as nice as I thought. Put it in a a/c garage hope it will be ok until sunday to paint.​

13. Believe that'd be C600 (cabover) rather than an f600, right? Also, check out the COE social group here on the HAMB.
    I have a trade in the works that way land me a 1956 Ford C750 Big Job- so I'll be watching your build too.

14. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

I thought a f 600 hood trim was the same as c600 all I have is holes to go by.Yesterday I look at a 54 f 600 to buy for scrap to get the title. the hood trim look like it might be the same.

15. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

Got my coe painted yesterday took pict tonight thought I would get them posted. Also thanks to h.a.m.b. wanted, got a 1953 coe title. Going to put it back and got the 32 studebaker out and get it painted. Still looking for 53-54-55-c-600 trim. where would be th best place to buy patch panels are they all about the same quality.

16. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

17. olcarguy

olcarguy

Subscribed......What kind of a van/pick up was that donor trying to be, COE will be a much better use for sure.

18. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

I think you are correct that was a wast of time try to make crew cab bad idea.

19. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

In ... watching ... waiting for updates. Good luck.

20. Trollin. No wake.
    Soon as we get moved I'll be more tuned in.
    JML

21. Hey Vintage- I think I found my next 56 ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1372564962.706417.jpg
    Hopefully I'll Drive it home next week!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. dondogarage

dondogarage
    from richmond

put the coe back in the corner got the 32 studebaker out

Attached Files: