Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for pics-Hyder's Garage 34 Ford 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Got my latest issue of the most excellent Rodder's Journal a couple days ago and on the two page layout of the contents page is of the 1934 Ford 5 window coupe of the Hyder's Garage. Wow! What a shot of that thing launching hard. The thing just scarred me and I can't stop looking at it. Please! Does anyone have any other pics or know if it was ever featured in Car Craft or Popular Hotrodding or some other mid 60's mag. I need more! I wouldn't mind seeing other 34 Ford AA/FC pictures as well. (I'm working up a plan here) Thanks

2. beatnik

beatnik

Haven't got my Rodders Journal yet, but these are the only pics I can find of a 34 Altered that say Hyder on it. I've got a pretty good vintage mag collection but it doesn't ring a bell.

Attached Files:

3. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

That's the right one Beatnik. I think I've got a feature on it in one of my mags, but I have to remember which one it's in. I'll see if I can dig it up when I get a spare moment.

4. beatnik

beatnik

Here's a couple more I found in some books I have. Apparently it was a tire smoker on every run.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. It seems like I'm always pluging Jim Sorensen's site, but it has some of the best pix of the altereds anywhere. Go here:

\http://www.mysterion.net/AAFA/

You'll be glad you did.

chili

6. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

hate to bring this thread back, but any chance you found that magazine? I'd love to see some more pics, especially in what I assume is its current form from Rodder's Journal :D

7. 49oldscoupe

49oldscoupe

Here's a picture of the car I had found on the net and saved awhile back.

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for the pics. Neat car. Love the chromed inner splash apron on this thing. I'm gonna copy that neat feature on mine. Looks like it ran strong. Why don't more people build stuff like this anymore. Damn!

9. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

hi, could i ask what the issue # rj this was?
    Thanks

10. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I don't have any pictures but I used to see it at hyders shop on the corner of south & pioneer in Artesia. Roger

11. sololobo

sololobo

it just doesn't get any better than this kids ~sololobo~