Register now to get rid of these ads!

###AUCTION - Jigger giclee print - a tribute to Norm Grabowski ###

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacktopbuddha, Apr 28, 2013.

1. First off, this will run for 2 weeks, and end May 12 at 6:00 pm central. The artwork will be shipped when the personal or cashiers check of the winning bidder clears the bank. The money raised will go to help pay any outstanding funeral costs or other debts left in Norms estate.

This museum quality artwork comes from the unmistakable hand of the HAMB's own Jigger. It is an 18x24" print and is number 3 of 4 that will ever be made. No mass produced low quality riffraff here. The giclee process is unrivaled in its vividness and representation of color. The internet and computer screen cannot hold a candle to the features of this print and Mark's work.

Now, instead of paraphrasing what Mark sent to me through private messages here. I'll just take the heart of what he said and post it. So, take it away Jigger...

As many know, back on October 12th, 2012, the hot rod world lost a legend. Dubbed "The father of the T-bucket" Mr. Norm Grabowski touched the hearts of many in the hobby. His friends, a couple I've come to know, describe Norm's personality as bigger than life. I'm certain that only scratches the surface as Norm's charisma leaps from the frozen images of him, captured in time on Kodachrome and digi-cam, not to mention 35mm celluloid film of which his presence graced. Norm was a true artist in every sense, from the realization of many a youth's dream, the Kooky Kar, back in the day, to the many hand carved wood shifters he'd busied his days creating. The day I read that he'd moved on, my heart sank… much more for the many friends and family he'd left behind than for myself, though, it did move me personally because his scope had touched me as well.

I was impulsively 'drawn' to pay tribute to Norm in some small way so I did the only thing I could do, threw down a sketch. Nothing pretty but inspired, non the less, by an outside spirit that moved me to create.

[​IMG]

After posting the sketch here on the HAMB, I was contacted by Norm's niece, Mary, who goes by The Rod God on the H.A.M.B.. She commissioned me to take the sketch to the next level which resulted in the image you see here. She requested on fitting for display at Norm's memorial service. Hurricane Sandy was the only thing standing in the way of getting this piece to her on time.

[​IMG]

I will hand sign the print and an undisclosed 'doodle' of an iconic TV cartoon legend will be added just for fun and further exclusivity. Cowabunga man! How can you resist?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....So, there you have it. The winning print is represented in the second image above with detail shown in the third and fourth images. Start bidding to get your hands on a piece of iconic artwork from Jigger paying homage to one of hot roddings biggest personalities.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

I like it , great job ,

3. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

I'll start it off with $100.00

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

What is the size of the print?

5. 18 x 24 inches

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Thanks Bill for helping with this auction. A bit of detail about the print. As stated above, the print is 18 x 24" in size and only 4 will ever be produced at that size. 3 are in the hands of their care takers ant this is the 4th though, sequentially, it is the #3 print.

The prints were produce by my friend Hank at ColorFile VCS, in Lansdale, PA on heavy bond watercolor paper. The print process uses 12 ink heads to accurately create color and depth that appears to be hand painted. The color is incredibly rich and looks better than the image on my screen.

7. OK, where's the piggy.. ( the colours pop)! XLNT.

8. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I'm in. $200.00

I miss the old rascal.

SinglefingerSpeedShop.com

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Awesome, I hope you win as I'll be able to check it out in person and visit it from time to time. Good luck sweetie.:cool:

10. Jigger, I think that most here do know who you are and admire your artistic talent. Your contributions, especially to the Friday Art Show, help make the HAMB the great thing that it is.

11. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

I'll pop for $300. Never met him, but Norm was an icon ... and Jigger's stuff is just tits!

12. Yes, yes it is.

13. Thanks fellas. Youz da BOMB_A! Barry... you aren't referring to just the pin-ups, right?
    Thank you for the kind words and your generosity.

bump to top(ish)

14. That was fast, ha! Oh well.

15. Can't afford the original, but if you make prints, I'll buy one...it's for a good cause. RIP Norm.

16. This think's just begun... WOO_HOO!!!

I'll have more on that later, thanks man.

17. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I am blessed to have one of these tributes to my dear friend. When we opened the package it came in for the first time, Monique cried. It really is a beautiful piece in person, and i know Norm is in heaven smiling about it . I have several pieces of Jigger's art in my HAMB room and they are all amazing. You will not be disappointed in this piece. If I did not already have mine,there would be no dollar limit on my bidding. Bid with confidence on this one fellas.

Doc.

18. Thanks Doc. I'm truly humbled and am so grateful to be a part of the mix.
    Your generosity knows no bounds.

19. Man its a good thing the wife put the kabosh to my spending! Cool for whoever gets this! Norm was like a very cool uncle! Rite now hes in heavin sayin Hey Jesus you hear the one about.....

20. The Rod God

The Rod God

Mark, you created an awesome tribute to my Uncle Norm and truly touched our hearts with this one. Thank you for your kindness and generosity. You are a keeper and a mighty fine artist too if you don't mind me saying.

We displayed the one you sent to us at Carl Casper's 50th we were invited to attend last Feb. It went over huge! Here's a photo of our display.

Sure miss Uncle Norm. We are at this time doing what he wanted us to do and that is to continue sharing his creations with the world of Hot Rodder's he loved. Been busy setting up his Lake house as a Historical Norm Grabowski vacation rental. He wished to be able to share the peace and joy of where he lived with others and of course show off his vast collection of photos of "himself" throughout his charmed life. If you knew him he loved promoting 'him', shamelessly as some would say, LOL.

So, thank you Mark, you're awesome! And happy bidding, it's an amazing piece of artwork by an amazing artist!

Attached Files:

21. Thank you both so much.
    Camel Toe Kid, I've a feeling you're probably right.
    I'll add a couple incentives, down the road, as thinks, hopefully, pick up...
    le's go gang!

(here's a sample or two of some stuff I've posted on the FAS)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. HAMB members, Even if you aren't able to bid, if you think the cause is worthy or the art worth the bid, could you give the thread a bump to top and tell a friend? Thanks.

23. oj

oj

Your art and the noble cause speak for itself, i'd have it for my wall except i'm stone broke and have already used up my last wish.
    Great work!

24. Thanks oj, I appreciate the sentiment and can truly relate.

25. for the evening crowd

26. Good morning "Bump!"

27. Bumpin' it back up...

28. ryno

ryno

Awesome piece.
    Thanks to bill and jigger for doing this.
    How's about a sticky?