Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage FINS Exhibit at Petersen Mus. in LA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StillOutThere, Mar 2, 2013.

1. The Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles is doing a large year long exhibit with FINS as the subject. Everything from radical customs to production cars and even a finned boat is included. This opened last weekend in February and runs through first weekend in Feb of 2014 so you may want to include it in your SoCal visit plans.

Being a top-notch museum, there are explanatory sign boards, placards for each one, and even voice units with the owners telling about theirs.

I'll post a few from the exhibit. Photos: C. Lazenby

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. StillOutThere -

Thanks for posting this!

The Petersen Automotive Museum is always a "must see" when I'm in SoCal ... this "FINS: Form Without Function" exhibit is yet another reason to visit the museum!

I've always liked the "X51" shoebox custom ... and that '52 Spohn Palos is beginning to grow on me! ;)

NOTE: HAMBr johnl's '57 Chrysler 300 C Coupe is also a part of the FINS exihibit:

[​IMG]
    photo by C. Lazenby

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. Jay-acerra

Jay-acerra
    from pa

Any more pics of the cosmic concept?

4. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Aaaaaaaaaargh, the Spohn Palos is just friggin ugly! Sorry for the rant, but I can't help it when I see this thing.

Nevertheless, thanks StillOutThere for taking the time to tell us about the exhibit and for posting the excellent photos by Lazenby. If I were closer, I would be going. The Petersen is the best!

5. There is a more on each car at "Spohn Custom Enthusiast" page on Facebook. The Petersen has been GREAT to deal with on all the details of transporting the Spohn from Texas, insurance coverage and signage plus display setup of some car details. Click any picture to get into the photo album for each.

http://www.facebook.com/SpohnCustomEnthusiasts

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013