Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects UPDATED my 1959 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Hey guys, figured the other thread was getting too long so here's a new one. We trailered it over to my girlfriend Hailee's Uncles house. He builds race cars and hot rods (I'll post pics of his work), he said if I get all the parts I need we could have it done in a day!!

So we rolled it into the shop and got it up on tall jackstands. Started off by cutting out the old un-needed crossmember, got both headers in but I need to modify them a little to make them fit better, then when I'm done I'll blast them and powder coat them. I'm gonna end up having a driveline made because my buddy and I kinda messed mine up..oh well. Then I made a crossmember and taught Hailee how to weld while doing that :) she loved it. I still need to get some plastic for the tranny mount but it's basically done. We are going back out there later today. Best part is their nice big warm shop is a mile away from me!

Stay tuned for more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I really like your truck!

3. Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

5. Right on Jon! That's deffinitly a girlfriend with benefits! Good to have family that is willing to help. Keep working, the truck looks great!

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looks like this truck is gonna roll under its own power pretty soon! Cool beans! Its also cool that Hailee wanted to learn how to weld. Teach her more stuff! Take it from me and probably many others on here, when you have the support of your "better half", whether wife or girlfriend, it makes what we do alot easier. Maybe next you ought to build her something. :D

7. Yup, I will be building her something. Most likely another ford pickup..she loves them.

So today we got my master cylinder bolted on, finalized the transmission mount, and cut and welded my headers for more clearance and converted my stock brake pedal to one pedal from a automatic 63 galaxie. Gonna try and get all the parts this week and we'll she where she's at this weekend. Only got a couple pics because I was busy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. shadams

shadams

Nice, cant wait for the first drive video...

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

Your hood and grille look like 1960
    Truck looks good

10. Yes, I said that in the old build thread. It's titled as a 59 but the front clip is 60.

11. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

That is great that Hailee's Uncle is helping you out Jon. Like the others said, Can't wait to see you drive it! NICE CJCOOL sticker on back. haha

12. slowmotion

slowmotion

Lookin' good! After seeing your progress, makes me kick myself for passing on a decent '60 a few years ago. :rolleyes:

13. Been so busy I haven't been taking pictures but Hailee has. Today we got the shifter finally installed correctly, we had to modify alot of stuff beings I didn't have the chrysler bracket for the b&m. Stay tuned

14. great to see from ya is this down here or back up there ? call next time your down.

15. This is in Jasper, Oregon. About a mile away from my house. Won't be down your way for awhile.

16. A Rodder

A Rodder

Excellent Jon,
    You are so close! This summer will be one you will never forget.
    Looking forward to seeing you behind the wheel.

17. Yup, hopefully in a couple weeks she'll be done..or sooner ;) !!

18. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

So excited for ya Jon, cant wait to see it under its own power.

19. Only got a few small things done tonight because Gene wanted to take a well needed break, but Hailee kept me company.

Attached Files:

20. Here's more pics Hailee has taken. Going out there soon and will hopefully get more done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  21. Finally got out there tonight and got my throttle linkage fabbed up and changed my oil..cool cool

22. Well got some work done last night. A family friend who works at a local wrecking yard got me hooked up with a alternator bracket, power steering pump and bracket and belts all for $50, just have to modify the alt. bracket a little. Took the whole front clip off the truck and got everything mocked up on the engine. Then I started rust repair on my core support, will finish later. My buddy Mark came out there to help also..

Attached Files:

23. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

24. Progress is booming. Doing the rust repair on the core support is OK...luckily the part I'm doing will not be seen. I grabbed a alt bracket of a chev pickup in the back and modified it a little and made it work. I cleaned up my pulleys and brackets and mocked it up...might be more progress tomorrow after school.

Attached Files:

25. Looking good, keep it up.

26. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Keep on, keepin on brotha ! I wish my truck looked half as good as yours man

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. Buddy of mine picked up my headers to get them powdercoated. And gonna call tomorrow and have a driveline made.

28. Cracker123

Cracker123

Looking great, lots of progress! I love the chrome steelies and whitewalls!

29. vbolsec

vbolsec
    from Croatia

Hats off, I admire your job and will after 3 years of restoring F100!
    I just bought 1959 F100 and I am in progress of rebuild! keep pushing.

30. cricket...cricket..