Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Weesner's Scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

3. kingpins

kingpins

man i love that sketch. im a young artist fresh out of art school and i typed weesner a letter one day asking about how he got started and never expected a reply then next day...he sent a long message about his process, and tons of other helpful info i needed to steer me in the direction i wanted to go. thanks keith for that message man it meant alot and inspired me. now i have it printed and hanging in my studio next to his posters. anthony

4. I love Keith's style, especially his early '60s themed stuff with the Space Age vibe. I always try to buy something from him whenever I see his booth at the local shows.

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've never seen that but I'm glad that I have now.

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

Stalking is the sincerest form of flattery.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I love his stuff! I have to say that I'm kinda the opposite as far as hanging art. I try to seperate life from cars when it comes to the house, so it always was kind of a rule that car art doesn't go in the house... 'Till Weesner's stuff started hitting! Now I have three of them up on my office wall! More to come I'm sure.

8. big bad john

big bad john

He sure got a nice style....never seen his stuff before

9. ryno

ryno

one of the best.

10. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...make it a POSTER (I'll take two.....)

11. I am trying to get into doing this stuff now (it's a lot harder than it looks) and I always look at Weesner's work for inspiration. Whenever I see him at shows I also work up the courage to talk to him and he is super super nice and a stand up guy:cool: He was one of the big ones that helped get the traditional thing back up and running in my opinion.

12. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

13. OLLIN

OLLIN

I had never seen this before, but it sure brings back a lot of memories. I have an old hootenanny program from 97 somewhere and it lists all the clubs that participated.
    The chislers before they were the choppers, the shifters, auto butchers, deacons, blacktop bombers, beatniks etc. It's Like a snapshot in Time.
    I was 19 in 1997, and most of these guys were like 5-10 years older at the time so it had a huge impact on me.
    I have 3 weesner prints on my wall, is be in for a print if this one too!

14. I agree on Keiths style, it just moves me.

15. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Weesner is a great guy!

I had the opportunity to meet him twice in Sweden :) I did of course buy ALL (one of each will say) prints he had and some of 'em are framed and others are waiting for framing.

I love his work, will buy more when I see him the next time. I guess he will come over to 'lil Sweden again. Otherwise I have a damn good reason to make a trip to sunny CA :D

Rock on!
    Johnny

16. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

I have a whole wall in my computer room dedicated to Weesner art. My favorite artist HANDS DOWN!

17. silent rick

silent rick

that should be made into a print. i'd take one

18. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Weesner's amazing. I love this artwork and I would totally spring for a copy if it were made into a poster.

That was my '31 Model A, which I ended up selling to put a roof on my house--and which Nick finished, doing an awesome job.

Those were the days!

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Like everyone else has said -- great art, great dude. I also have about 8-10 of his prints framed and hanging up at home.

...and some great T-shirts, of course!
    http://www.keithweesner.com/

Malcolm

20. Neat ...
    Stayed inside the lines ... Most of the time
    spelling /penmanship ..seems good...
    Overall grade b+

21. The Weez is a wizard isn't he?

If I was a wealthy man I would try and inspire him to do a concept for me. I would have t be a wealthy man as I probably do not have the skill set to pull of one of his creations and it would be a damned shame if he went through the trouble and it never happened.

Anyway he is a wizard. His art is more than emotional it is inspirational.

22. Great artists have a distinguishable style
    Weezner has that nailed.
    Gold Star!

23. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

24. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Love his work, wish I had more of it!

25. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I like his Edward Hopper-esque style.

26. Cool dude! Met him at Viva about 4 years ago, took the time to talk to me even with all the people around his booth! Have several of his signed posters, top notch stuff!

27. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Love the art and style of his stuff. Have a few of his prints on the wall, living room, above the couch.

Wish I could afford an original, someday.... :D

28. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Keith is a great guy and artist! I have been lucky enough to hang out with him a couple different times now. I hope to own one of his originals someday!!

29. I saw one of my stickers on the vent window of a young guys Ford truck I was passing in my daily on my way up U.S. 19 one morning... We even ended up next to each other at the next light... I thought about rolling down my window and saying "Hey, I designed that sticker on your window there!!!"

Then I realized I would be creepily excited old dude yelling out a car window at a light.

I have purchased or bartered art from a lot of my favorite artists on the HAMB... I need me a Weesner.

I think one of those cars was sold to someone near me... a Model A coupe.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  30. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, I always like seeing that sketch of all the cars.. Its strange, that late 90's era was when I was "discovering" the traditional car scene actually existed besides in my imagination, and even though I never saw most of those cars in person, I feel like I know them.. That was a fun time, even up here in Seattle.