Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2013 Meltdown Drags thread, real vintage drag meet, July 20-21 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. David Doo

David Doo

It is official, the 2013 Meltdown Drags is July 20th & 21st at Byron Dragway Byron Illinois. This is a real 60's style vintage drag meet. Check out http://meltdowndrags.com for criteria and more info.

[​IMG]

New promo video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o39aQr8wii8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Great video. I love this event even though I don't have a race car

3. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

2013 - is the year of the Car Show for the Meltdown....come one come all.....no need to race....only if you want to.

Keep an eye on this thread there will be more updates coming.....Glad you like the video...outstanding!

4. barbara

barbara
    from wisconsin

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

missed it last year, do NOT plan to miss it this year. . .

6. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

If I can get the time of from work I would like to go for a little road trip.
    It's only 976 miles.

7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Cool video. I know the next few months are going to be gone fast so if your planning on being there get out in the shop and get working. I'm hoping to not leave parts all over the track this year. I'll have the new toy there no matter what.

8. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Aj mentioned that your calendar is much like the Mayan Calendar....it has an end date...except yours ends in Mid July...with the new ride done....I thought that was awesome!!

DO NOT MISS IT 2013....if the nearby reactor goes off (Meltsdown) someday the track and event might be over...why take the chance come for 2013!!

9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yeah the timeline is gonna be tight. I'm hoping to go to the meltdown test and tune aka hunnert heads up, but time always seems to slip away.

10. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

Very cool presentation. Nothing better than drags the way they used to be.

11. I will have alot of bugs to work out by then bigger and better things going on with my coupe :eek:

12. I plan on draggin the bumper!!!

Attached Files:

13. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I went last year to watch and plan on going again this year. Camping at the track this year though. May be a bunch want to caravan from the twin cities???????????????

14. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Strokedstang...bigger....twin Hemi's ? How can it be better than a blown hemi.....:)

15. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

IMPORTANT NOTE:

2013 Race Participants - ALL cars must be pre-registered with a photo of the wheels you will be racing with. It is FREE to pre-register.

You will be given an entry number and need to provide this on race day. We have already done many of the MDA members....and many others.

IF YOU SHOW UP WITHOUT HAVING PRE-REGISTERED.....you will be showing your car.

IT IS FREE.....no excuse to wait, if your car is not finished or there is a family issue NO LOSS to you....the CUT OFF DATE is....JULY 17th. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....get your entry's in sooner than later.......NO reason to wait if you plan to attend.

THANK YOU....Meltdown Drags Association!!!

Please do not wait until the 16th............

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  16. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

An EXCELLENT video. I'll be there. Kinda doubt that my '34 coupe will be done in time, though.

17. ardyboy

ardyboy

very cool video

18. ...bring it anyway!

19. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Rusty1 is correct...running or not......race hard, race slow, or make a half track pass....drive it down....people just WANT TO SEE THIS STUFF!!!!!

Bring it down done or not!!! You might be the hitof the not finished cars!!

20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yeah , l bet there won't be too many 34's especially Chevy's. Anyway I thought we were going to have a grudge race.

21. bgas56

bgas56

Can't miss event folks! Car or not you need to be there to take it all in.

22. Kick ass video guys! I can't wait for the Meltdown.

23. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

That is one if not the BEST promotional video ever great job best of luck this year !! your event is one of the top in the country hope to be there one day

Trouble

24. No not adding any more engines just getting rid of all the stock parts. Putting a real cam in it, better heads, large bore 671 blower and crower 8 port injection. Got alot of bugs to work out before then. still going to be driven on the street daily.:D

25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Don't think he wouldn't add another HEMI if he thought he could make it fit.:D

26. Saxxon

Saxxon

That's reckless insane and down right dangerous. You've given absolutely no thought to the safety of others or the consequences of your actions.

That's what I like about you kid...

See you all at the Meltdown !!

27. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Trouble....very sad to see you cannot make it.....and you truly would fit right in.....

Guys.....maybe he doesn't realize what he is missing.....

Who would love to see the ORIGINAL JIM ODDY Austin running at the Meltdown.....
    STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.......maybe we can change his mind....alot of fans out this way bro......but seriously we understand if you cannot make it...but we have to TRY to change your mind!!! :)

28. jesse1980

jesse1980

My car won't be ready but I'm bringing it on a trailer. 1963 421 4speed Catalina. Has old original sparkle blue paint on it still.

29. jesse1980

jesse1980

30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Last year the Bill Thomas " Novel Nova" was there and so was the Stone Woods and Cook Olds powered "Swindler " was there. So we need the Oddy Austin this year for sure. These cars are awesome pieces of history.